• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

which smith to turn my blank for my savage 308?

desertfox01

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2009
Peoria, Arizona
www.molonlabe.com
and yes, I am doing some searching around the sight.

I have a model 10 in 308 and a Rock Barrel blank (also 30 cal 1 in 10 twist)......so talk to me.

should I send the blank off by itself to have done and I install it (i have standard go/no go gauges and the action wrench and have played with one or two rifles in my time, but mostly AR style rifles)....or since I am having the barrel blank done, might as well send the action and bolt for the complete job.

just looking for recommendations on quality smith's that hopefully do not have a 9 month backlog.

Re: which smith to turn my blank for my savage 308?

Kevin Rayhill. Stockade guns. He's the bee's knee's on Savage.
Patrick

just a short note for ya!!!! if ur blank is a 1.250 ud be better off having it shouldered like a remmington no nut if its 1.200 take the little bit off and thread it for the nut the threads are 1.060 at a 60*V 20tpi i just set mine up for the nut on a 26 inch tube with a 812 at the muzzle Wilpenny

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DODGE268</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kevin Rayhill. Stockade guns. He's the bee's knee's on Savage.
Patrick </div></div>

I'll second Kevin's work. I sent him an action and he built me a complete Savage 6BR long range gun. I just had him do another long range BR stock for my Barnard 6BR. Top notch work.

-Rick