• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Which solvent trap to form 1 to a 45 ACP can?

I'm going to guess you will not find much if any .45 solvent traps threaded at 1/2-28. That would make for a very thin wall on the end of the barrel. .578x28 is a more standard size thread for .45 ACP. As for who, couldn't tell you, I haven't looked into solvent traps myself. Of course I might be wrong, if so I will be corrected soon enough.

I'm going to guess you will not find much if any .45 solvent traps threaded at 1/2-28. That would make for a very thin wall on the end of the barrel. .578x28 is a more standard size thread for .45 ACP. As for who, couldn't tell you, I haven't looked into solvent traps myself. Of course I might be wrong, if so I will be corrected soon enough.
You are correct. .578x28 is std. for 45 ACP.

As Camocorvette said, you need a booster to get a suppressor to cycle a pistol. A direct thread suppressor with no booster will not cycle a semi-auto pistol. The use of the booster assembly allows pistols to properly cycle when the weight of a suppressor is added to the end of the barrel. Most pistols with a browning type action (Glock, Sig Sauer, HK and etc.) will require a booster to properly cycle.
1621818570434.png

Reactions: camocorvette
Look at JK Armament. They sell very modular options and sell jigs for the drilling

He won't need a booster if it's going on a fixed barrel (PCC). Going on a pistol, yes... then a booster is a must.

Quietbore offers 1/2-28 threads for their .45 trap.

Thanks guys.

looking for a one and done solution I can form 1 and switch between 9mm and 45 ACP, PCC and pistol (Sig 320).
Look at the JK Armament. Every piece screws together so you can get different end caps and adapters as well as add and remove baffles as long as you don't do more than what you put on your form 1

Superprecisionconcepts.com for your tube

Yellowdog radial cones

You can swap between booster, and dt mount. Maybe use a brake/tri lug on the PCC to eat up some of the space the booster used to occupy. If you buy an "ASR" type tube, you will not need to change spacers in the proximal end when you do so; as there is a machined in shelf/blast chamber spacer machined into the tube