• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which spotter? Vortex vs leupold

DEWD_STUFF

O⚡️3
Minuteman
May 19, 2017
Hi
Looking for input.

-This will be my first spotting scope. I primarily will use it for hunting in the west mainly mule deer in colorado/Arizona/california every couple years for elk, scouting, shooting with friends at the range and taking video/photo of shooting and wildlife with a phoneskope.

-Do I need the reticle in the scope? No not really but it is nice to have for shooting and making corrections but I can see it may get annoying always seeing it while taking photos and video so I'm not entirely sold on it but am considering the option.

-I have looked through a few spotters and these are the models I have selected.
Vortex razor HD 27-60x85
Leupold Mark4 TMR reticle 20-60x80
Leupold GR 20-60x80
-
The leupold slightly less weight a little more compact easier to pack around, FOV I believe is dam near the same. A little added bonus with leupold is the kit that comes with the 80mm objective GR non reticle model I could see myself occasionally using the window mount, a second tripod to utilize solely for glassing optics and one I currently use for shooting only I guess, a cover to protect it and a case for storage.

-I would prefer the bigger objective lens with more magnification but would take opinions if there are any of why not to get the largest variants of these models and opt for smaller versions other than weight saving and FOV.

Happy shooting and thank you for your time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GR HD glass > Mk 4 glass. Take that for what you will.

GR HD glass > Mk 4 glass. Take that for what you will.

So being that all I've looked through is the mark4 then hypothetically I should be more impressed when looking through a gold ring... thanks for your input!

I bought the 12-40x60 GR Kit and it opens up many other uses, I'm glad I went with Leupold over any other brand,

John.

I have looked through a Razor Vortex and was blown away buy the clarity. I went to a rifle class and looked through a bunch of spotters and the Vortex was really nice compared to the others.

I have no idea what other. Rands were there but I'm sure they were not up there in price except for a few guys had $$$ in all of their gear.

Overall everyone who looked through it was impressed.