• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Spuhr Mount?

RAWHDE

“I have seen enough to know, I have seen too much”
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2012
Houston, TX
Just dropped off rifle parts, about 8 weeks before I get back and will be picking up a Spuhr Mount in the meantime. Have Impact Precision action (0 elevation) and will be picking up ZComp 4-20. Will be shooting out to 1200yds. Wondering which 36mm mount I will need, 0Mil okay or 6Mil needed? Thanks in advance for any adivice.

I like zero elevation on the action and 20moa/6mil in the mount. This way the elevation is tailored to the scope and you can move it to another rifle without remounting.

Just as an example, I have a 338 with a 30 moa rail that I paired with a 20 moa Spuhr for 50 moa of total angle.

Gonna have to ask @lowlight about him and Mile High doing an ELR course next year. Pretty sure he's got the chops and the facility and Ft. Morgan is way closer than Gunsite.

So anyway, yeah 20 moa is pretty standard.

Reactions: b6graham