• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which stock for Rem 700 SPS Tactical 223?

repiv

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
The Colony Texas
www.dallasmicro.com
Re: Which stock for Rem 700 SPS Tactical 223?

Can't go wrong with Bell & Carlson. I just put one one on my remmy 700 204 and absolutely love it. It turned a factory gun into a sub .5 moa gun with hand loads!

I would look in the For Sale section and find an HS Precision stock someone took off a Remington 700P or Remington 5R. Aluminum bedding block, dual studs up front for both as well. Note: The 700P take off is a touch longer than the 5R stock, so for the 20" Tactical model, I think the shorter 5R stock looks better. The 1" difference comes from a shorter foreend not the buttstock area, so they have the same LOP. In my opinion, the HS Precision stocks are a little bit better then the Bell & Carlson in quality. Many reports have said that when you mount up the barreled action in the B&C it might favor one side or another, meaning you might have to file the barrel channel in order to free float it. Its not the norm for those stocks, but I know it has happened. You can get a 700P or 5R take off stock for around $200, some of them brand new! I have one on my SPS Tactical .308 and it is very nice. Its of course a stepping stone to a Manners/McMillan lol.

Kelly

hs precision stocks are a good upgrade.. on my old sps tac 308
it was noticeable improvement on group size

to get the full effect youll need to get bottom metal to torque down

the hogue that comes with the rifle isnt reaaly that bad