• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Which style CZ75 do you like and why?

Sharpshooter3

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2018
I’m thinking about getting a CZ 75 full size for my next pistol. Just not positive on which style yet. I’m leaning toward the high polish SS What all do you guys have, likes/dislikes? Honestly for use, I just enjoy plinking at steel/paper at home and on the range no competition use as of yet.

I don't have one yet but like the look of these, The price at $300 USD is right too...

Went with a standard 75BD.....No safeties to worry about.

if i could have found one, i would have gone for stainless

• all steel
  • low bore axis
Dislikes:
  • more muzzle flip than a G17
  • trigger leaves a lot to be desired
  • mag base plates are sharp and dig into your side
  • slide is really low and makes slide manipulations difficult

i like them, the 75 replaced my G17 as my primary

Reactions: Sharpshooter3
CZ SP-01 Tactical (no picture) for cheaper. SHADOW 2 for more fancy. I shoot both very well and wouldnt trade for anything. For .45 CZ 97BD.
20180119_114924.jpg
20180818_122811.jpg

Went with a standard 75BD.....No safeties to worry about.

if i could have found one, i would have gone for stainless

• all steel
  • low bore axis
Dislikes:
  • more muzzle flip than a G17
  • trigger leaves a lot to be desired
  • mag base plates are sharp and dig into your side
  • slide is really low and makes slide manipulations difficult

i like them, the 75 replaced my G17 as my primary

I'm firmly in the SA/DA with safety camp.
I have a couple, but the one I really like is the CZ 75 Shadow Tac II which fixes a lot of your dislikes.
The trigger on it is a lot nicer than a standard setup, both the DA & the SA are nice and smooth with a short reset on the SA
Doesn't seem to have much muzzle flip at all.
I use the +2 magazines for it which don't have the sharp metal lip on them.

I have a 75 in the matte Stainless Steel which in a nice looking piece, I passed up a fully polished one as they wanted a bunch more for it, but you can easily polish the matte one into a high polish with a little bit of time and effort, or have it done.

I'm trying to decide for my next one if I get another 75 Shadow Tac II or jump up to the one I'm currently drooling over:
https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-75-hush-9mm.html

If I had the money however I'd love to play with one of these:
https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-ts-czechmate-9mm-black-2x20-rd-1x26-rd-mags/

I'm not a member of the forum this one is listed for sale on, but it's a pretty sweet looking setup:
https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/cz-custom-hush.62847/

Depends on what you want to do with it. The Shadow 2 is a heck of a gun for the money and you can fairly easily clean up the action on any of them.

SP01 or a Shadow if you can swing one. I had a Sig 226X5 and for the money I like my Shadows better.

75B Compact or All steel P01 with safety (can't find one currently)

I’m getting my new cz in today. It’s the P-01 Omega Convertible.

Why this gun?

Alloy frame.
And a safety.
Only a few more ounces than a G19.

And all the time I spend shooting the 75 is going to reinforce instead of weaken my carry gun shooting.

Reactions: gunjunkie45
I like the classic look, so I have a 75B that I put wood grips on. I have shot the Tactical Sport, SP-01 Tactical, and Shadow, but I'm content with the basic 75B. Go high end CZ and you'll get spoiled where you can't shoot the basic models anymore. Just a warning.

For range use definitely the shadow 2, you can go nuts with all the upgrades if you want but pretty nice out of the box. If you may want to carry then p-01/pcr, if you want to work on trigger omega otherwise just decocker. If you want to play around with customizing and any sort of red dot milling slide etc then p07.

I carry a p01 alloy with decocker. It's a fantastic shooter. I bought a threaded barrel for mine and fitted it with a set of files and honing stones.
Also have a p09 urban with suppressor sights and threaded barrel. It's fun to shoot. My sp01 is the favorite for range time. It shoots almost as well as my STI and well under half the price of the STI.
CZ/tangfoglio/canik are the best bang for the buck imo.

Reactions: Novak77
I carry a p01 alloy with decocker. It's a fantastic shooter. I bought a threaded barrel for mine and fitted it with a set of files and honing stones.
Also have a p09 urban with suppressor sights and threaded barrel. It's fun to shoot. My sp01 is the favorite for range time. It shoots almost as well as my STI and well under half the price of the STI.
CZ/tangfoglio/canik are the best bang for the buck imo.

I bought my wife a pair of P01's and they're by far her favorite pistols. Everyone who picks them up shoots them incredibly well.

Reactions: Headquarterz
I’m getting my new cz in today. It’s the P-01 Omega Convertible.

Why this gun?

Alloy frame.
And a safety.
Only a few more ounces than a G19.

And all the time I spend shooting the 75 is going to reinforce instead of weaken my carry gun shooting.

What holster are you using to carry the Omega? I bought one off Gunbroker yesterday and I could use holster suggestions.

My current favorite, I wish I would have never sold the Shadow TAC II

Converted to SAO and got rid of the fat ass factory paddle safeties.

SP-01.JPG

Reactions: Wyzrd
I bought two off Amazon oddly. A leather IWB and an OWB, Both were quite good. Don’t remember the brands right off though. There weren’t many of them.

What holster are you using to carry the Omega? I bought one off Gunbroker yesterday and I could use holster suggestions.

I have a 75BD and a P-01. For some bizarre reason the 75 kinda swims in my hands but the P-01 is anchored. Same grips on both.

Because of that I'd go for an SP-01 Tactical and send it to CGW for a tune up. The SP-01 Phantom intrigues me.

Had a P-07 and traded it for the P-01. CZ fucked up the grip on it.

Tried a P10C at the rental range the other day. Fuck striker fired guns.

The P-01 is the one I carry every day

No safeties on any of my guns. Decockers all the fucking way.

Picked up my p01 omega yesterday. Wish I had drank the CZ koolaid a long time ago. It fits my hand like it was made for me.

I had a CZ P01 that I regret selling...I sold it so I could buy a Shadow Orange which I really like and there were only 100 of the first batch that came in. Heck I can always get another P01.

B18C8DFD-A6BC-4041-8897-4BBE21420E22.jpeg

I have an SP-01 Shadow Target that's a super nice shooter. CZs and their clones just fit well in my hand. The Tanfoglios are also pretty nice overall. I haven't handled the Chinesium clone, but given that the real thing isn't that much more, I think I'd likely avoid it?

The decocker is hard to get a superb trigger on, just due to the geometry of how the parts interact. I'm not super up on CZ trigger jobs and the workings of the decocker, so I can't offer any more technical info than that (as explained to me by several CZ gunsmiths).

Honestly, the straight CZ-75B is a great, down to earth option. My SP-01 is great, but in hindsight, I'd likely be even happier if I'd have bought the CZ-75 Shadow Target instead. Either way, great guns.

Picked up an 75 SP-01 Urban Grey a few months back. Put 50 rounds through it and realized I hated the trigger. Hit up Cajun Gun Works and ordered the Old Style 85 trigger, race hammer, trigger reduction return spring and a few other goodies, plus a light polish job. Runs really smooth now and loving the new trigger.

You cannot go wrong with any CZ. I have a Kimber 1911 and a H&K USP and this CZ is my favorite.

Attachments

• 074129A9-EB9C-4BE4-9EB3-854B939CB477.jpeg
    074129A9-EB9C-4BE4-9EB3-854B939CB477.jpeg
    404.5 KB · Views: 85
Big fan of the 75D compact PCR. Replaced my HP as carry gun, that says a lot since I carried a HP in the Canadian Infantry and trust my life to them. The lighter aluminum frame and small size are great.

I’m running a CZ75 SP-01 Shadow, and a Shadow 2... will probably snag a TSO in the near future too. Awesome pistols for 2 and 3 gun, Steel Challenge, IDPA, USPSA, etc...View attachment 7059055View attachment 7059057View attachment 7059058
I’m running a CZ75 SP-01 Shadow, and a Shadow 2... will probably snag a TSO in the near future too. Awesome pistols for 2 and 3 gun, Steel Challenge, IDPA, USPSA, etc...View attachment 7059055View attachment 7059057View attachment 7059058

If I didn't live in California, I'd get a Shadow 2 in a heartbeat. I got to play with one at my LGS and it was awesome right out of the box.

If I didn't live in California, I'd get a Shadow 2 in a heartbeat. I got to play with one at my LGS and it was awesome right out of the box.

Yes, these S2’s are pretty sweet right outta the box. With that said, I’ll be putting in some lighter springs and getting some Cajun parts to lighten up the DA pull some. Definitely isn’t necessary, just trying to get it a little more to my liking.

Reactions: Novak77
Want to ask a question regarding the Shadow 2.

What holsters are y’all running for OWB carry? Looking for a full coverage kydex that can use Safariland attachments (UBL, QLS, etc).

If I were to buy this, it will eventually function as a duty pistol (LE) but I cannot find a locking holster for it as Safariland does not make one to fit. And no, I do not mind the weight over a Glock 17/34 or Sig P226. The CZ would be replacing a personal 34 and an issued 17.

I’ll be running a Surefire X300U or a Streamlight TLR-1 HL off the rail. Maybe an RMR but definitely the light.

Edit to add. Did find an RHT level 2 holster that uses a Bladetech thumb break. It might work.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
From the sneaky fucking Russian, “Heavy is reliable.”...If you run out of ammo, just beat them to death with it...

Not a revolver like referenced in the movie, but the same thing can totally apply to the CZ75’s as they are some chunky bitches!??

Started with a SP-01, then picked up a alloy P-01. I preferred the P-01, including the recoil impulse. For whatever reason the P-01 just feels perfect, and returns to POA without a thought. Sold the SP-01 and don’t regret it, just didn’t shoot it. Both had decockers, and slightly lighter than stock springs.

I have an accu-shadow. Whenever I introduce new shooters to shooting and let them shoot my pistols it's always their favorite.

Out of all the pistol manufacturers I’ve owned and shot the most satisfying results have been from cz pistols. I’m so in love with my shadow 2 I really don’t feel the need or want for another handgun I have my m9a3 (I know it’s large) for a self defense pistol not edc, but that’s my preference.
The shadow 2 is tailored for competitive shooting but you don’t have to use it for that.
It’s heft will only aid in accuracy so don’t let that turn you away. You get a ton of value and features for its price. Hope some of that helps. Good choice in manufacturer for a pistol.

The decocker is hard to get a superb trigger on, just due to the geometry of how the parts interact. I'm not super up on CZ trigger jobs and the workings of the decocker, so I can't offer any more technical info than that (as explained to me by several CZ gunsmiths).
Having done a trigger job on a 75BD that yielded a super smooth 7 lb DA (which I could take down one more pound with a spring change) and a crisp 3 lb SA I'm going to disagree. It wasn't all that hard at all.

There is a difference in how crisp you can get the trigger between firing pin block and non-firing pin block CZs but the difficulty between safety and decocker FPB guns is minimal.

I do have to eat my words on the P-07 and P-09. After being out of that platform for several years I picked up a rental P-07 and wondered why I sold mine. So I bought a P-09, did a mild trigger job on it, and it's now my go to USPSA Production and IDPA SSP gun. The thing is scary accurate (absolutely perfect fit between slide, frame, and barrel) and the grip actually grew on me to the point that I can shoot it faster and index it more consistently than the metal frame guns.

A P-10F OR is next on my list.

Reactions: jcm331 and Wyzrd
Been wanting to sip from the CZ Kool-Aid jug for a while now, so I spent some time handling/shooting most of the available models (with exception of striker-fired offerings, can't fathom finding a better pistol that my VP-9). I loved the feel/ergonomics of Shadow 2 and the less appointed SP-01, but since most of my pistols will see carry time in a holster the weight was a turn off and I don't need another safe queen. Long story short, I took home a P-09 and love the shit out of it. New sights and spring kit from Cajun makes it a joy to shoot, may look at a p-09 next for shits and giggles.

Reactions: 308pirate
+ Another, for the SP-01 Tactical. I ran it stock in USPSA and then with some Cajun Gun Works magic done to it and I would use it for duty or competition. I also run a P-10C with an RDS. I don't ccw it that much. But the P-10C isn't as small as some think it is. I find it very capable out to distance despite the shorter barrel and sight radius (with irons.)

I don’t compete. I’ve owned a 75 B Compact for about 4 years. Two years ago I installed the Cajun Gunworks Pro Kit. Man! Single and double action are smooth and sweet. The best thing is that the long trigger pull was reduced 7mm rather than the advertised five. I’ll be putting their barrel bushing in next. This thing is so smooth in single and double action. It now reminds me of the feel on a J frame competition revolver .

I love my p09 suppressor ready... haven't got to put a can on it yet but it's very accurate for a factory gun and recoil is very manageable. 21 +1 is nice too. Never met anyone that has had a cz handgun with complaints that led to selling it