• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which sub $3k 50 BMG?

bhart89

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2009
LA
In March '14 I'll be purchasing my first 50 cal rifle. My budget will be around $3k for the rifle (not including Optics).

From the research I've done it looks like the AR 50 is the most recommended starter rifle for those looking for accuracy without the need for a lighter weight rifle.

I'm also interested in the Taclite T1 with either the Walther or Lilja barrel.

I don't think I want a shell holder.

Mag fed is not needed either.

I think I'll be going with a 29-30" barrel.

I'm not interested in any rifle that is not capable of at least 1.5 MOA.

What rifle/upper would you recommend for me?

I found a deal on my Bushmaster BA50, which has a ton of features in that general price range. If you find one it's worth taking a look at.

id look for a ALS or a Ferret
thats your best bet for a quality piece for under 3K
if your willing to have or use a ar upper conversion rifle

Just bought a Barrett 99 NIB for $3750, seems like a great gun, and Barrett claims that it's the most accurate rifle they make according to their FAQ section on their website. It's built like a tank, tips the scales at a stealthy 29 LBS. with the 32" heavy barrel and comes in a damn nice Pelican case. A little out of your price range, but maybe find a used one? Two things to consider...proper optics for the gun will run $1000-2000+, ammo is $4/rd, the proper rings are $180...just sayin...it's like owning a Ferrari...it aint just the initial cost you have to consider. But man...what a hoot to shoot!

Take a look at the Blue Grass Armory Viper, I've had one for about 8 years and it is basically a upgraded Barrett 99. From what I understand BGA used to make aluminum extrusions and other components for Barrett.