• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Which suppressor would u choose?

Fischer03

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2010
augusta GA
I am having a hard time trying to make up my mind on whish suppressor should i buy. This will be my 1st suppressor purchase and i have relatively no experience with suppressors. My setup is a tacticalrifles .308win m40 22in barrell 1-10twist, barrell dia .92. I have been thinking about the AAC cyclone, awc thundertrap titanium, gemtech sandstom, or swr omega 300. Which would you choose?

Re: Which suppressor would u choose?

I have a Cyclone on a similar set up and I am VERY pleased

I have a swr omega 30 and it works great but I dont think you can go wrong with any that you have mentioned. Do you plan on going with a 300 rum someday? That would be the only reason I can think of for the swr 300.

I have a AAC 762sd on my GAP 308 and it's a shooter. I've shot the AWC and mine side by side and my AAC is quieter.

xdeano

I would first look for a NFA class III dealer nearby and see what brands he keeps in stock. I think it is easier dealing with a local dealer. There are a lot of really good cans out there, so I would not concentrate on just one brand. A local dealer with cans in stock is usually more expeditious in processing, you won't pay a transfer fee by buying in stock, you can take advantage of hopefully good knowledge, support a local dealer, build a relationship, they can process your paper work easlily for free and most likely can put together a proven Trust if necessary for free. You may pay a little more for it locally, but typically money well spent.

Don't get sucked in to getting a can that needs to be ordered or transferred. That can add considerable complications and long waits. There are many bad stories about that and I have one that cost me an extra four months wait. Get a can from a dealer that has them in stock and you can touch it and have a serial number right away.

I like my Surefire FA762SS for .308, but have a YHM Phantom 5.56 which is nice. I hear good things about YHMs .308 Phantom as well.

I don't mind the wait if it's something you truly want. Let's face it, the suppressor is going to stay with you forever. Just getting something because it's in stock and not having to wait a couple month more isn't worth it if it's not something I originally didn't want that now I will have to be stuck with forever since I couldn't wait a couple of months.

I've heard good things about Surefires 762 can (not the k model). Haven't gotten to try one out yet though.

For a dedicated bolt gun the Sandstorm would be my choice because of the low weight.

dmtsc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">have you looked @ the SRT Shadow XL TI??? </div></div>
If not, do so. I have a SRT Shadow .338LM TI and it's th tits! Great price too - VERY reasonable for a TI can. I like it better than my Thundertrap, but NOT much. The Thundertrap has a slightly - SLIGHTLY - more noticeable first round pop, but that's it, and even that could be in my mind.

SWR Omega would get my vote if you are limited to your list. If you are open to other ideas, I would strongly recommend Shark Suppressors.

Don't forget SAS cans.
I have several. Great construction, fantastic pricing and the performance to boot.
You won't be disappointed.
Just my .02.

I chose the cyclone k, and am proud of it. It works very well with very little poi shift.

I have a JET can...it is ol'school, but it works for me.

I would talk to David @ Shark. My brother has his can and it works well.

but, if i am using my 220grain subs <span style="font-weight: bold">and he is using regular ammo</span>...mine is really quiet compared to that Shark can....
smirk.gif

-Al

cyclone, as light as can be in ss and inconel. quietest can that is not 2"x12".

titsworth tested alot of 762 stuff a few months back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fischer03</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have been thinking about the AAC cyclone, awc thundertrap titanium, gemtech sandstom, or swr omega 300. Which would you choose? </div></div>

I chose the SandStorm and really like it.

I have not compared it to any others.

Of course subsonic ammo compaired to full power ammo is going to be quiet??? Ha Ha this makes me laugh. Try shooting subsonic out of my can

David,

Several years ago.....my brother and I were shooting in the backyard. Both of us were using our cans. He had just picked his up from you. We were about to start shooting w/our 175gr, 44.3gr Varget, etc. I had some subs in my pocket that I had made the day before. I bet him my can was going to be more quiet than his can.....I won....
smirk.gif

He figured it out real fast, but it was still fun.

-Al

I would give Elite Iron a call. Very competitive pricing and good customer service.