• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Which suppressor?

JErbe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2009
Pasadena, Md
I am looking to get a suppressor for my rem 700. I usually don't shoot ecause over 600 yds (because I live in Md) anyone have any recommendations? (likes or dislikes)
Thanks

Re: Which suppressor?

my vote is for shark suppressors, nice sweet sound. like a 22 on roids. also excelent cust serv.

I have the Gemtech HVT with the quick detatch. It's a 308 suppressor but I have a qd birdcage on my AR15 and it does a good job of quieting the 5.56 as well.

I'm very happy with it and it does a great job with subsonic loads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TORKAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Gemtech HVT with the quick detatch. It's a 308 suppressor but I have a qd birdcage on my AR15 and it does a good job of quieting the 5.56 as well.
</div></div>

I have the exact same set-up as Torkar and I use my HVT on 308, 6.8mm and 223. It works well on all three. In fact I called GEMTECH and asked them about shooting the HVT with all the calibers and they said they made that suppressor with that in mind.

Thats awesome I never thought of that I need one for 223 also you guys have been a great help Thanks

Get a shark, do not under any circumstance try and order a Jet. Their customer service is the worst on the planet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooty Puff Sr.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a shark, do not under any circumstance try and order a Jet. Their customer service is the worst on the planet. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerbe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What happened with Jet? </div></div>

They don't return phone calls or emails. You might get your product when they are damn good and ready to send it to you.

That really sucks considering how hard money is to come by these days when you do give a company your HARD earned money you should at the very least get good customer service

I'm more than happy with my AAC 7.62 SD. The muzzle break is VERY effective and the quick detach is great. Its even quiet.

I have a AAC Cyclone and a SAS 308 can... can't beat the SAS for the $.