• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which suppressor

762 ULTRAMAGA

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2018
Idaho
I'm needing a dedicated 30 cal suppressor to run on my gas guns, I want a QD mount since it'll get moved around from 556 to 308 hosts.
I have some high end Ti cans that I run on precision bolt guns, but I want all steel for high rate of fire.

I'm seriously looking at a YHM resonator r2, anyone have one?

Reactions: Mississippi-tacA1
I have a Resonator R2 and love it. I use it on a half dozen gas guns and I don't think you can beat it for the price. I use YHM muzzle devices on all my guns and wouldn't use anything else. They just work and have solid lock up that has never once come loose on me or failed to release the suppressor when I'm done shooting.

I haven’t owned a YHM but have heard good things about them. IIRC, the owner of Sound Technologies allowed them to use one or some of his patents. I have an early Sound Tech suppressor, from when I met Mark the owner at the 1997 suppressor trials. It is still great.
I also have a, quick detach, Gemtech ONE and it is a great suppressor that I use on 5.56, 300 blackout, and 308.
Hope this helped.

Last edited:
Reactions: 762 ULTRAMAGA
Thanks guys
Good to hear the positive feedback on the Resonator, it's pretty damn tempting at $640 with a mount.
I like DA cans but once you invest in their hub mount and adapter you're out another $350 on an already expensive suppressor..

Thanks guys
Good to hear the positive feedback on the Resonator, it's pretty damn tempting at $640 with a mount.
I like DA cans but once you invest in their hub mount and adapter you're out another $350 on an already expensive suppressor..

If you were looking at a Nomad I'd skip the keymo and grab a Rearden Atlas. Cheaper, lighter, shorter.

Another vote from YHM, I have the RK and a SAS, one of my shooting partners has the Resonator. I really the YHM, I'm thinking about buying another but this time in 5.56.
B71D9C3F-8561-4A95-806F-AAE579AFB4F7.jpeg

Last edited:
HUXWRX HX QD 7.62 Ti

Almost zero backpressure on any gun. Rugged / Full Auto Rated. One of the Top 3 cans on the planet for suppressing supersonic 7.62. Zero chamber fouling. Under 7-inches, under 15-ounces, QD mount, but even more awesome because it is *reverse* threaded, so you don’t need to Loctite/Rocksett. No chance of carbon lock. Just an awesome can.

199A016D-DD60-4D0B-B855-F1341200A6B0.jpeg

B4207547-B2B8-4496-BF5B-1E535CDE4880.jpeg

FD56E4C5-E295-414E-8D1B-22C5993E2A1F.jpeg

Reactions: Obi-WanKannoli
I'm needing a dedicated 30 cal suppressor to run on my gas guns, I want a QD mount since it'll get moved around from 556 to 308 hosts.
I have some high end Ti cans that I run on precision bolt guns, but I want all steel for high rate of fire.

Since your recommendation is for .30 caliber, as well as 5.56... Here's my recommendation...

Reactions: 762 ULTRAMAGA
Ah yes, did see that on the FN some time back on their new individual weapons system rifle. Didn't know it was a 7.62 cal can though, thought it was specific to the cal that gun is running. But you can clearly see 7.62 in the first photo. I said I was done with purchases this year, obviously I lied. Will have to wait to see the specs first. If it's shorter, lighter and does a better job at suppression than the current 762Ti, I'm in.

Actual can? Or polymer 3D printed mock up? I ask because it appears 3D printed, any there appears to be some remnants of “spider webbing” on the ports at the front of the can.

Well it's serial number 20 and it looks identical to the Flow 5.56 which also used additive manufacturing. Going to contact HUX today and see if they'll spill the beans. Could just be lint at the front.

Reactions: hlee
Actual can? Or polymer 3D printed mock up? I ask because it appears 3D printed, any there appears to be some remnants of “spider webbing” on the ports at the front of the can.

I mean it is 3d printed but it's 17-4 stainless (dmls) construction. Pretty sure it's just lint.

Reactions: hlee

I love mine