• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Which Supressor?

RemingtonSPS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2008
Tri-Cities, WA
First off, I realize this question has probably been asked but, I did a key word search for "supressor" and it did not turn up the results I was looking for...so. I have been considering purchasing a supressor that falls under these criteria (1) compact (2) light and (3) $1200 or less. Opinions?

As a side note: I have been considering a quick detach but was curious if there was a loss in accuracy. It seems that a threaded supressor would have a tighter fit. I was concerned that a quick detach would have looser tolerances and possibly screw with barrel harmonics. Any thoughts?

Re: Which Supressor?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...I did a key word search for "supressor" and it did not turn up the results I was looking for...</div></div>
It didn't even turn up the suppressor section of the forum?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...I did a key word search for "supressor" and it did not turn up the results I was looking for...</div></div>
It didn't even turn up the suppressor section of the forum?</div></div>

Not when you spell it wrong. 2 P's my good man.

gemtech sandstorm, short , light(13oz), msrp $1150. all titanium construction, the one review ive seen poi shift is almost nothing cause its so light all titanium. that is if youre looking for a 30cal can you didnt specify. my local class III wont let me play with the one he has so i cant speak from personal experience except for the light an short.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast freddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">gemtech sandstorm, short , light(13oz), msrp $1150. all titanium construction, the one review ive seen poi shift is almost nothing cause its so light all titanium. that is if youre looking for a 30cal can you didnt specify. my local class III wont let me play with the one he has so i cant speak from personal experience except for the light an short. </div></div>

Thank you.

I spelled it with 1 p when I did the search it came up with 3 hits but didn't have the info I was looking for. I did however completly miss the 'suppressor' forum section altogether...that's embarassing!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mule, where in WA state are you located? </div></div>

Everett, just north of Seattle

A friend of mine up here is a class 3 ffl. He's talked me into getting one. He also recommended the Gemtech. I have never heard of Shark I'll have to check them out.

look into Yankee Hill Machine
They make excellent suppressors for the money.

223 can will you around 550 or so and the 30 cal with run around 800. prices depend on if you want QD feature or not.

good luck.

A thread on can on a AR15 or semi auto will not be tighter then a QD can.
On a bolt rifle you are good either way. I would go thread on can for bolt rifle myself.