• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors which Tactical Holsters and Why?

Slickrick0999

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2006
McMinnville, Tennessee
Tactical Holsters?
Looking for a thigh rig set up. Let me know what you are carring and what you carry it in.
I can go with Glock 19 or Colt Commander.
Thanks for the input.

Re: which Tactical Holsters and Why?

I voted for the Safariland 6004. I have carried numerious firearms in them. Overseas I carried an M9 in one and never had any problems w/ it the sandbox. Back home w/ the Sheriff's Dept. I carried a Glock 22 in one and I never had any problems w/ it either. I am in the process of picking up a Glock 17 and I will be purchasing another Safariland 6004 as soon as money permits.

I don't have any expereince w/ Blade-Tech, however, I do have some experience w/ the Serpa. I have used multiple Serpa concealment hosters w/o any issues. With that being said, some of the officers that I have worked with used them (especially our K-9 Unit) and they said that the Serpa does not hold the weapon as tight on their thigh as the Safariland 6004 (ie. The Serpa flops around a lot more than the Safariland 6004 while running/jumping/fighting...that kind of stuff).

Again, I use Serpa for concealed carry, however for a drop holster I would go with the Safariland 6004...that is from my on personal experience. Hope this helps.

Safariland I have six of them for various models including the commander and glock as you mention. I lived with one daily for a long time and never had a single problem could not say enough about them!

Are you running a vest or plate carrier?
Are you a cowboy?

If you answered yes to either of the two above you need a thigh rig.

If not you need a belt rig.

Raven Concealment makes what you need.

BachelorJack,
No running with vest or cowboy here. I do not need the thigh rig. Just a want. I do have belt rigs for them. I have a Kramer belt holster for my Commander, a BladeTech paddle holster for my Government, and carry my G19 in a cheapo Glock brand holster.
The Kramer is hands down the nicest holster I own. Very well fitted. The BladeTech is awesome, I just have come to not like a paddle holster. Surprisingly, the Glock cheapo does fairly well.
The Thigh rig is just a want. I do value peoples opinions though. I may end up shooting some comps where it would be handy also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you running a vest or plate carrier?
Are you a cowboy?

If you answered yes to either of the two above you need a thigh rig.

If not you need a belt rig.

Raven Concealment makes what you need. </div></div>

I'll agree with BachelorJack here in that you need to look at a belt holster, but depending on how your vest/plate carrier is set up you can still use a belt holster. Look at the Blade-Tech Dropped and Offset Holster, it provides for a similar draw stroke to a normal belt holster and gets the pistol a little lower so the grip is out of the way of a vest. All this and increased mobility by not having the pistol on your leg. And then you can remove the dropped and offset extension and use it as a normal belt holster.

If you get a pair of thigh holsters your friends can call you Laura Croft

JK

Depending on what comps you are shooting, check for legality of the leg holster

The Safariland 6004 series is the Cadillac of Drop-Leg holsters. All others are judged / compared to them.

As stated above, unless you're running heavy-duty armor, a belt holster is the way to go IMHO. I don't see a realistic situation where I would be putting on a drop-leg holster as a civilian in the US -shrug-

Oh, and a BIG +1 on the Raven Concealment holsters - good stuff!

I run a 6004 for entry work and other fun stuff of the sort great setup and it matches my standard duty rig belt model
but as previously stated not good unless needed more of a pain than useful for what your tasks will be but if you have a need for one in my opinion its the best huge jump compared to your glock fsctory model you should just get a safari belt model