• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which tactical scope makers seal boxes in plastic?

Milf Dots

Milf Hunter Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
I'd like to know which tactical scope makers ship their optics from the factory in sealed boxes, so I can tell which are truly new (and which have been opened)... I'm curious about brands like Zeiss LRP S3, Nightforce ATACR, ZCO... thnx

And, where are the Vortex Razor G3 made/assembled? thanx

I recieved 2 if the most expensive scopes: 1 from Schmidt & Bender, the other from Nighforce.

Schmidt Bender's PM II, 5-45x56
was sealed by plastic stickers on the outside, the scope itself was in a self sealing clear plastic bag.

The same with the

NIGHTFORCE ATACR 7-35x56mm​

Both mounted on my 338LP rifles, 1 bolt, 1 semi auto (DRD Tactical's Kivaari Semi-Auto .338 Lapua Magnum)
a 3rd is on its way, S.W.O.R.D INT'L MK-18 Mod 1 Mjölnir, alsonin 338LP

Reactions: Milf Dots
And, where are the Vortex Razor G3 made/assembled? thanx
Brand new black-edition Razor G3 6-36 from EuroOptic... Built by LOW in Japan. Same with NF, Zeiss, Burris glass, and many others.

IMG_2771.jpeg

I'd like to know which tactical scope makers ship their optics from the factory in sealed boxes, so I can tell which are truly new (and which have been opened)... I'm curious about brands like Zeiss LRP S3, Nightforce ATACR, ZCO... thnx

Is this a serious question? They all do.

I've bought cheap (SWFA) and expensive (Steiner) scopes. Every one of them has had some sort of seal on the box.

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
Is this a serious question? They all do.

I've bought cheap (SWFA) and expensive (Steiner) scopes. Every one of them has had some sort of seal on the box.
Actually, just went and checked the boxes, but my LRP S3 and Kahles K-Series scopes came in boxes that had cardboard sleeves over them, with no seals or plastic on them. Anyone could slide it out of the sleeve and open the box and look at it. They were all brand new, so it doesn't matter, but just figured I'd throw that out there.

Last edited:
Actually, just went and checked the boxes, but my LRP S3 and Kahles K-Series scopes came in boxes that had cardboard sleeves over them, with no seals or plastic on them. Anyone could slide it out of the sleeve and open the box and look at it. They were all brand new, so it doesn't matter, but just figured I'd throw that out there.

cheap

Honestly, looking back, I can't remember if my LRP S3 had plastic sealing the entire box, but there was definitely no seals or decals sealing it. Maybe someone else can chime in who might remember... @Rob01 I don't know if it's necessarily cheap, my Zeiss V4's had seals on the boxes. The LRP S3 is twice the MSRP. I don't know why it didn't have a seal, but you could tell the scope was brand new and unopened.

As for the Kahles scopes, I know a lot of Europeans, and they are a bit different than Americans. Sadly (for us), they seem to have more tact and honesty than most of the people here in the states (Blue cities ring a bell 🙄), so they don't need to go around locking everything up and sealing things to keep people from finger-fucking everything and rampantly stealing stuff, like we have to here. So, I could understand why some Euro scope brands might not feel the need to seal their products.

No I had Milfdots in a class I taught. Nice guy just quest for knowledge
Mike, I think I can make a January or February ELR class- depending on the date, etc. What do you have scheduled for 2-3 months from now? TYIA

We we schedule them in next week or so. Next class is Longrange carbine December 5th
IMHO, the weekends of:

Sat/Sunday January 6/7th
Sat/Sunday January 13/14th (MLK Day 15th),
Sat/Sunday February 17/18th (President's Day 19th)

would work for many of us!

Reactions: Marfor8541
Both mounted on my 338LP rifles, 1 bolt, 1 semi auto (DRD Tactical's Kivaari Semi-Auto .338 Lapua Magnum)
a 3rd is on its way, S.W.O.R.D INT'L MK-18 Mod 1 Mjölnir, alsonin 338LP
unrelated, how is the RTZ on the kivaari?

First time I saw it was in the movie Polar and ever since I've been wondering if the take-down is actually repeatable enough.

Seems they're also out of production now.

Reactions: Alcanino
IMHO, the weekends of:

Sat/Sunday January 6/7th
Sat/Sunday January 13/14th (MLK Day 15th),
Sat/Sunday February 17/18th (President's Day 19th)

would work for many of us!
We will keep that in mind but have to work around the ranges scheduled other events as well

unrelated, how is the RTZ on the kivaari?

First time I saw it was in the movie Polar and ever since I've been wondering if the take-down is actually repeatable enough.

Seems they're also out of production now.
Be honest,
I've been so busy that neither have been fired yet.
18 months ago, I had my Stealth Evolution, Kivaari, & my Barret all cerokote in a Dark Earth Camouflage.
Last weekend, I spent my days up in Savannah for the Recoil CanCon Festival, shoot everything under the sun with a can on everyone.
Loved my time behind the M240 M249, M2 BMG, MP5, a couple of new Glocks with a new set if Trigger sets.
Fell in love with the cans from Shaw Armament, they're making me my cans for all couldn't believe how the cans actually reduced the Recoil of a 338LP down to a 22, unbelievable so thise are my Xmas toys on order.

Thanks for asking 🙂 ☺️

just so you know (and not exactly an answer to the OP's question) but shrink wrap is cheap and readily available, and you can use a heat gun or hairdryer to shrink the plastic. it doesn't require any expensive equipment to make something appear untouched from the factory.

Reactions: Charger442
I bought this scope "a while" back.
I don't really like it. It's never been mounted and, get this: the box wasn't sealed.

Does anyone know if they'll take it back in trade for a better scope?

20231119_200316.jpg

20231119_200325.jpg

🤣🤣🤣