• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which tactical scope models are currently made in the USA or Germany?

German- Schmidt, Zeiss (at least some of them), Minox. Kahles is made in Austria. I'm sure I'm missing some.

U.S.- Maybe U.S. Optics. I know Leupold puts together foreign parts for some scopes in the U.S. Seems like there's one more but I can't remember.

Reactions: ThunderRun
Various Nightforce ATACR models are made in the US, Vortex's Razor AMG is mainly made here in the US, Steiner's T series and Zero Compromise will be built here stateside as well :cool:

Minox's ZP line is made in Germany also some S&B's and Steiner's Military models.

For Steiner, I believe only their Military series of riflescopes are German made. The rest seem to be American made.

That's correct. The T series and P Series as well as our hunting scopes (H series and GS3) are made in USA. The M Series are made in Germany.
Fun fact: we make scopes in Greeley Colorado that are sold in Germany.

Sig is setting up to start building some scopes in the US.

Meopta assembles some scopes here out of European parts.

Tangent Theta is made in Canada

Trijicon TARS is built in the US (ACOGs are assembled here).

Elcan is made in Canada.

Browe is made in the US

Minox ZE and ZP are made in Germany. Not sure about others.

Leupold scopes are made in the US and I would not discard the Mark 5 all too easily.

ILya

Reactions: Stoweit
Whats your definition of "made in US/Germany"?

Are we talking soup to nuts in terms of making glass blanks and grinding/polishing into lenses and then assembled in one house/country?
or are we talking about receiving lenses produced to a spec from somewhere else, but assembled in a particular country?

There are a lot of steps to manufacturing an optic, and I would guess that there are few (if any) that produce a complete scope from scratch.