• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Which Thunder Beast can?

The Durk

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
I just picked up a 50% off cert for a Thunder Beast can.

After talking to a lot of pro shooters Saturday night, I’m really considering the 338 Ultra. I’m planning on eventually buying an AXMC and it would go nicely with the Ultra.

I’m curious if any of you prefer the model with the locking collar, over the normal model, and why?

Thanks in advance.

I personally am a fan of the ultra 7.. my biggest caliber that I suppress is a .30 cal.. the ultra 7 makes all my calibers hearing safe(to me)and isn’t super long as it gets run on a 300blk sbr as well. A lot of people love the 338 ultra and i know guys that run it on 6.5creed and other smaller calibers. Get what you can afford and know that its a tbac, the quality is amazing, suppression is amazing, and you will be very pleased with it. Your specific requirements will dictate if you need the 338 ultra, sr or cb.

The community knowledge share on the 338 ultra is that it will be 100% good to go for damn near any "civilian/hobby" shooter's intended purpose, and then some.

I recently purchased a 338SR (currently in jail) and not the normal 338, as it was a good price in the PX, and while I would have 100% confidence in the 338 locking up just fine, just prior experience and anxiety born from prior non-TBAC cans coming loose, I wanted that extra no bullshit security.

If a AXMC is in your future, along with the various .30cal magnum options you have, a 338 of any flavor will be a fun range day to say the least.

Reactions: The Durk
Dominus is also a good can. What is your intended use?

The 338 can has been said to be "insanely quiet" on medium calibers like 308, 6.5 Creedmoor, etc.

These guys are right. My ultra 7 and 9 sit on the shelf most of the time now. The 338 ultra stays in my AI transit case and is used from .308 to .338.

Reactions: deersniper
Pretty big fan of the UL7 on hunting weight rigs that get carried a lot and shot a little. I did hear a 338 ultra at the range the other day on a smaller cartridge and it was very quiet. Very happy with the UL7 can though.

Thanks for all the replies! I’m planning on future proofing my suppressor choices and going with a magnum suppressor. I have an old AAC cyclone that is pretty long I’m the tooth. I’m planning on grabbing an AXMC in 338 Norma this year too.

Has there been an official test with published results using the 338 can on 6.5cm?