• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Which trigger for my AR10??

SuckitTrebek

The rapist for $200
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2005
The Great State of Texas
I'm looking to replace the factory trigger on my DPMS AR10 now.

I don't want to break the bank but the factory trigger sucks ass.

Suggestions? this is my new pig killin rifle.

Re: Which trigger for my AR10??

I have an RRA NM2 in my LR308. I like them a lot. Not too light, not too heavy, and pretty crisp. Nice price tag too.

Look at the AR Gold trigger. I have been running them for the past year and they are far superior to any other AR trigger.

Short reset, incredibly safe due to a unique safety sear.

The only problem is that once you get one, you will need one in every AR you shoot any precision with.

Mike

Geiselle triggers. the sniper model. very nice break and not to light.

Timney drop in, no muss, no fuss. Single stage, breaks like glass, short reset. Its not adjustable, but it doesnt need to be. Very easy to install. If you like a two stage then the geiselle is a good deal also.

I prefer a crisp single stage on my target guns, and the timney is hard to beat.

If you don't want to break the bank, I would suggest the RRA NM2 as HotIce had suggested. Wanna spend a little more then go with geissele.

Definately Geissele if they have a model that will work. I've been playing with the triggers on my remingtons recently and happened to have the AR15 with the geissele on it out last night, I had forgotten how clean that trigger is.

it has been my experience that as NOT to duplicate muscle memory from the bolt gun to the gassers that the fire control system that BEST replicates the tweeked bolt gun trigger is the JP trigger and low mass high speed hammer and yellow springs,period full stop end of story.

http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.8.1_fc.php

You need to be careful with some of the dropins as they sacrifice some reliabilty using ligther springs. What may work in an Ar-15 my not be the greatest in an Ar-10. I like the JP system as it is the best balance between service reliability and crispness. JP systems are also fully adjustable so you can really dial them in. They do require some "gunsmithing" though with the sear. Although with the enclosed DVD they send u you and idiot can install it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: magyarbetyar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JP Rifles. I run it in my AR-10 <snip> </div></div>

Same here.

'Cept mines an LR-308.

I have been shooting an issue M110 for a couple of days and the trigger on it is the sweetest AR trigger I have ever shot. When I get back I am going to contact Knight to see if his will fit my DPMS and buy one if it fits.

I put a Jewel in my lower with a JP LR308 upper, no problems and it's been a year and a half now.
myerfire