• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Tripod mounted Binoculars (on budget)?

demolitionman

Send’r Bud
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2013
Midwest
What say ol’ ye faithful toughnecks? Im a beer money guy with beer taste; and as such do any of the 400$ price point binoculars stand out for spotting at the range?These will be mated to an rt90c tripod most of the time. Won’t be used for hunting or glassing game much if at all. I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on the Vortex Diamondback HD 15x52 Binos but wanted to drop a post here to make sure there isn’t a better option for the money. Thanks.
Edited to add; shooting range will be between 400yds to 1200yds.

Last edited:
I've been looking at these (about $600 with the discount, but apparently with great price/performance):

Reactions: demolitionman
I've used my Bushnell Forge 15s for spotting at a bunch of matches as both a shooter and RO, and I've been really happy with them. They recently dropped in price too.

Reactions: demolitionman
I've used my Bushnell Forge 15s for spotting at a bunch of matches as both a shooter and RO, and I've been really happy with them. They recently dropped in price too.
I keep reading good things about the Forge series Bino’s. Do you feel the 15x power is the best power for spotting off a tripod ?