• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Twist to use ??

LARMIKE

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2009
SE USA
OK I have a DPMS .308 that is get a face lift when I get back to the States. Kreiger has some M110 barrels in 1-12 twist. I am going to use the rifle in Service rifle comp. and will use 155gr. sierras.Should I get the 1-12 twist or get a 1-13?? Many thanks ! Mike

Re: Which Twist to use ??

If all you were ever going to shoot were the 155's you'd be good with either twist. You need to get the twist for the heaviest possible bullet you will be shooting. If you were in a tight spot and needed to be able to shoot 175's or something else, the 12 or even 11.25 twist would probably be best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jaclthr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If all you were ever going to shoot were the 155's you'd be good with either twist. You need to get the twist for the heaviest possible bullet you will be shooting. If you were in a tight spot and needed to be able to shoot 175's or something else, the 12 or even 11.25 twist would probably be best. </div></div>
+1

I would go 1:12 for that light load but I agree with jasonk that 1:11.25 has more flexibility with bullet weights.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jaclthr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If all you were ever going to shoot were the 155's you'd be good with either twist. You need to get the twist for the heaviest possible bullet you will be shooting. If you were in a tight spot and needed to be able to shoot 175's or something else, the 12 or even 11.25 twist would probably be best. </div></div>
+1 </div></div>

Yup...