• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which Vortex

wade-19

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 12, 2010
St.Louis, MO
So I had a Weaver 3-15X50 EMDR on my rifle and found it to be too heavy for my lighter weight build plan. Nice scope, but heavy .I am now leaning towards one of these Vortex models. 1st. is the Viper PST 2.5-10X44 EBR-1 MRAD . 2nd.Viper HS 5-15x44. Both seem to have good reviews. Which would you choose for a Long Range/Hunting gun and why. TIA

Re: Which Vortex

I've got two of the Viper HS 5-15x44 Midway specials.

I am very happy with them, and did not find the field of vision or brightness on 5x to be a detriment when hunting in a thickly wooded creek bottom this fall. I also haven't had any issues shooting steel at 500-650yd with them.

I have no experience with the PST.

Re: Which Vortex

I have a couple Vortex HS LR 4-16x44, one on top of an SPS tac (308) and it weighs 10.5 lbs, sitting in an LTR stock. It is a nice scope, great for hunting out in the pairie and ringing steel.

If the scope was going on a lighter rifle (i/e Tikka) then I would get the 2.5-10 in PST or NF, or even the VXR parol in 3-9.

The only thing I dont like about the HS is the damn stiff power ring.