• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk which vortex

Can’t really go wrong with the Razor Ebr7c for the money assuming you don’t care about the weight. Glass is a little better on the AMG in my opinion but for the most part it’s a wash

Razor. The field of view is a little bigger too IIRC and that doesn’t hurt

Imo I’d do the AMG on a gas gun or hunting rifle as it’s so much lighter. On a prs style bolt gun I’d do a gen2 for the extra mag range and elevation.

Reactions: RMB
Im just getting setup to shoot Production class PRS matches. I got the Razor G2 3x18-50. I hope that’s the right Razor.

I was at the range today. A guy told me he thought you could only shoot manufactured ammuntion no reloads for production class. Does anyone know if that’s true.

Im just getting setup to shoot Production class PRS matches. I got the Razor G2 3x18-50. I hope that’s the right Razor.

I was at the range today. A guy told me he thought you could only shoot manufactured ammuntion no reloads for production class. Does anyone know if that’s true.
You can shoot reloads. The only restrictions on ammo are in TAC class

You might want to check but pretty sure there is a $2000 MSRP limit on the scope for production class. That said don’t let that stop you from using it. Just shoot open or Tac if you are shooting a .308 or .223.

Thank you Rob01
I paid 1700.00 but on Vortex web site it is listed at 2500.00
but I’ll only be shooting local club match. a lot of shooter are using razors.

Don it goes by MSRP and not what you can get it for. The MSRP on the Vortex site is $2899 so it's over if $2000 is still the limit. Check the PRS site. Actually shows it right at the top.

If they are actual PRS club matches they need to follow the rules as any PRS club. Those shooters will be in for a wake up if they go to a larger match or finale and find out they are not in Production. You can run a Gen 1 Razor 5-20x50 in Production as they are $1999.

Reactions: kcrippen
I got a Razor on mine and love it!

Rem 700 6-5 CM 4.jpg

8-shot group at 100 yards. I wish I could tell you how much clearer the targets at 1000 yards are compared to viewing them through their Viper scopes, which are good but not as great as the Razor.

8 shot 6-5 147 ELDM.jpg

I've got both, I don't feel one is a must have over the other. I like the reticle, glass is great, turrets on AMG have the most perfect tactile feel and sound. Gen2 is a fat boy if weight is an issue. As far as dial is concerned I haven't had an issue with Gen 2 it’s on a .260 that only has had to go to 1000 yds, AMG is on a rimfire and tops at 19 mils, with 30 moa base that stops me at 400 yds.

I got a Razor on mine and love it!

View attachment 7487781

8-shot group at 100 yards. I wish I could tell you how much clearer the targets at 1000 yards are compared to viewing them through their Viper scopes, which are good but not as great as the Razor.

I have almost the same set up as this, with just a slightly older gen Whiskey 3 chassis.
Put a new Razor on it and it's the best shooting rifle I have.

I have Diamondback Tactical on both my RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor. I shoot better than half MOA at 1000 yards with mine. Its fine for my needs at $399. I'm sure there are better ones, but unless they improve my MOA's to 1/4 MOA or better, I just don't see the need to spend an extra $1000 or $1200 for another scope unless that extra cost provides an equivalent amount of improvement over what I have.

I have Diamondback Tactical on both my RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor. I shoot better than half MOA at 1000 yards with mine. Its fine for my needs at $399. I'm sure there are better ones, but unless they improve my MOA's to 1/4 MOA or better, I just don't see the need to spend an extra $1000 or $1200 for another scope unless that extra cost provides an equivalent amount of improvement over what I have.

Improvement is not all about group size but if you are happy that is all that matters.

Also, with the exception of the reticle, the AMG is manufactured 100% in the USA.

The RAZR line is not manufactured in the US. Though they are still great scopes.