• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which would you prefer Bartlein or Lilja barrels?

tylerharrell

Private
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2008
Florida
I am building an AR-10 using Armalite upper and lower receivers. Does anyone have a suggestion on what barrel I use? I was thinking about Bartein, Lilja, or maybe Krieger. Let me know, Thanks

Re: Which would you prefer Bartlein or Lilja barrels?

Different strokes for different folks.

I like cut rifled.

Cut rifled, is the method of rifling, which Bartlein and Krieger use. Lilja is button pulled. I've used the Krieger and Bartlein barrels and recommend either of them. I've no personal experience with the Lilja barrels.

Get the one that makes you "think" you are gonna shoot better!
grin.gif
Can't go wrong w/ any quality barrel!

I have not shot with any of them I am going off what other people's information. I appreciate the feed back I learn something new every time I get on this website.

I have a Lilja chrome-moly barrel in my Robar RC-50, and it shoots fine. If you have a barrel maker that understands the limitations for each process, and has a method for mitigating the impact of those limitations on the barrel quality, then their products should be just fine.

I'd think you'd be OK with any one of those barrels since they're all quality makers.

+1 on all the above mentioned barrel makers. Cut or buttoned, a quality barrel is a quality barrel. It's a matter of personal preference. Both can be accurate.
Also, I have a Rock Creek barrel on a AR-30 and it has been very good. Broke in in about 7 rounds and so far looks to be very accurate. So you might want to consider them with the other makers you are looking at.

You won't know the difference between them once they are installed. I am a cut rifled guy also, but I do own two Lilja's and they are excellent. I have a Krieger and a Bartlein also although I have not shot the Bartlein yet. I have no doubt that it will be a great barrel. I can say that Lilja's wait time is about ten weeks. Krieger and Bartlein are at least double that FWIW. Look into Brux also.

I am new to this and need to take a gunsmith coarse but once I get the barrel I adjust the head space and timing and mount the gas system? is there anything I am missing and does anyone know a good adjustable gas block? I was thinking about JP, only because it is the only one I have dealt with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Left.Nasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">will an AR-15 trigger mechanism work with an AR-10?</div></div>

I have installed RRA two-stage Match triggers that were labeled for the AR15 in several AR10's and never encountered any problems with the installation.