• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which X-Mark comes on the 700 Varmint?

Bayou1535

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2011
MW
Purchased a 700 Varmint (Dick's special) and was curious of which trigger I have. The trigger has a paper/card attached that sais X-Mark Pro but I thought the pro has the external adjustment which this does not. maybe it's in the inside, thanks.

Re: Which X-Mark comes on the 700 Varmint?

I have one of those. It is the non-adjustable X-Mark trigger. You should not see an adjustment screw at all unless you take the action out of the stock.

Good gun, I've gotten some .5" 5-shot groups out of mine with handloads at 100 yards. I did switch out the stock almost immediately with a Bell & Carlson Medalist M40 stock. The one that they come with is very basic.

Charlie

It doesn't have a small hex-head screw thru the trigger?

Charlie, I believe what you say but why are they marked as a an X-Mark Pro then? If I can take the action off and adjust it wouldn't that make it an adjustable? Do the AAC and Tacticals come with the adjustment through the trigger? I do plan on getting a different stock but I need to pick up some QD rings/bases for an SPR that I'm finishing.

It is adjustable, just not externally, and if you remove the tamper seals alledgedly remmy won't warranty them, they also have a stout threadlocker on them. The Tac, AAC, and standard Varmint come with the externally adjustable trigger. Dick's and probably others have the purchasing power to have Remington make special runs for them with minor cost cutting differences, the slightly simpler trigger, and I believe they're ADL blind box mag style as well. My experience with the externally adjustable X-Mark is that the screw is uncomfortable, and no amount of adjustment, internal or external would bring it down to even the advertised pull weight, it was over 5lbs, I replaced it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beef</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is adjustable, just not externally, and if you remove the tamper seals alledgedly remmy won't warranty them, they also have a stout threadlocker on them. The Tac, AAC, and standard Varmint come with the externally adjustable trigger. Dick's and probably others have the purchasing power to have Remington make special runs for them with minor cost cutting differences, the slightly simpler trigger, and I believe they're ADL blind box mag style as well. My experience with the externally adjustable X-Mark is that the screw is uncomfortable, and no amount of adjustment, internal or external would bring it down to even the advertised pull weight, it was over 5lbs, I replaced it. </div></div>

Beef pretty much summed it up. There is the X-Mark Pro externally adjustable then there is the X-Mark Pro that they don't want you adjusting. The Dick's special is also an ADL configuration. They're going for price point.

Charlie

Ah, I understand now and thanks for the responses.