• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

which yhm suppressor

FrozenMinnesotan

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2018
Ne MN
which yhm can for a 16" 556? im leaning r2 but the t3 looks nice. i only have the one ar but plan on adding a 223 bolt gun if not a bigger bolt or ar so thats why im leaning r2. im a sot so i can get another later without the wait if i decide to. t3 now and 30cal can later?

I was just fixing to say what @tthomp302 said, why limit yourself to YHM... Get a better engineered can, like the Otter Creek Labs Polonium 5.56, or Hydrogen-S 6.5mm. The Hydro-S 6.5mm will be quieter than the Polonium, but it will also have more backpressure. But since it's going to be used on a bolt-action, backpressure doesn't really matter. I have both, and they both sound excellent on a 5.56, but the Hydro-S 6.5mm is noticeably quieter because it has about 4 more baffles and a few more inches in length (volume) over the Polonium. If it's going to be doing double-duty on an AR, then the Polonium might be the better option. But if it will live on your bolt-action, the Hydro-S 6.5 gets my vote. 👍🏼

Both are in stock at SS right now.

I own a Turbo K and R2.

On a 16" AR I would not recommend the R2. Too long and heavy. I wouldn't want anything longer or heavier than a Turbo K on a 16" AR.

The sound difference at the shooters ear is basically zero (with a tuned GB).

The R2 is lower back pressure.

On a 16" I'd get the shortest lightest one then direct thread it. Turbo k, polonium k, cats ass, all are good

I have a T3 and R2. The R2 is on my 7wsm and the T3 is on my 10.5inch 5.56 sbr. I will say the R2 is quieter than the T3 on the 5.56. I have yet to test it on my 18in mk12-ish but I expect similar results due to the size difference.
IMG_20230831_211420.jpg

Note: The Resonator is also quieter (to the shooter and bystander) on a 7wsm shooting 180 bergers than it is on a 19.5 inch 308 shooting 125gr speer Tnt while wearing a Suppressed Armament Systems Reaper.