• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Whichs rings...

dannydifalco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2011
New York
I just returned the Burris XTR rings. I hated them!!!! Well i was going to order the TPS rings but they are back ordered. So should i wait for the TPS rings or step it up and get the EGW Rings with ring reducers for another $50?

Re: Whichs rings...

Need a lot more info to get you the right rings or ring height but if you're just interested in brand quality I'd go with Seekins, they're top notch and priced quite a bit lower than the badger ordnance rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0V3RC10CK3D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Need a lot more info to get you the right rings or ring height but if you're just interested in brand quality I'd go with Seekins, they're top notch and priced quite a bit lower than the badger ordnance rings.</div></div> Well I have a Remington 700 AAC in .308. I have a 20moa EGW base(aluminum) and a bushnell elite 10x40 which is a 1in tube.

I have a set of Seekins(Vortex) precision machined, Nightforce Ultra Lights, and a brief run with EGW Tactical. I like the fit and finish on all 3. The Seekins are probably my favorie followed by the Nightforce UL's. I like the Torx screws on the Seekins where the scope mounts to the rail, nice clean appearance and no 1/2" nut to snag on anything. I like the NF UL's with the titanium crossbolt as well. I got the EGW's for my hunting rig because they were light. Well, I can torque the crap out of the Seekins and NF rings, the EGW not so much, I sheered the cross bolt. On the upside, EGW customer service was great and sent me a brand new crossbolt and 1/2" nut free of charge. If you have a torque driver and are looking for light weight, the EGW are still viable, just not my personal choice. YMMV.

I've had the XTRs, TPS, Badgers and now Seekins. I vote seekins all the way. Nothing wrong with the badgers, they're great rings but for the money seekins gets my vote.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greene</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am a big fan of American Rifle Co.
</div></div>
+1

I have a Rem 700P with a EGW 20 MOA rail with the Seekins rings. I had a set of the Burris tactical rings that worked ok I just wanted to upgrade the rings to what I use on my work guns. Fit and finish are perfect and I have never had any issues with them leaving marks on scopes. I've used both 1" and 30mm from them. In my opinion they are higher quality than the Leupold rings I have used on rifles in the past.

I have Badger, Nightforce and Seekins. Right now all I'm buying are Seekins. Nothing wrong with the others, I just like the Seekins best. I'm running 1", 30mm and 34mm in the Seekins and they're top-notch!

I've had three sets of badgers now and never had a problem with any of them. I'm amazed by how straight they always seem to line up before I drop in the scopes. After years of dovetail sights i would have thought that picatinney's would inherently have a lot of slop, but every time i thumb tighten my badgers they just seem to fall perfectly in line. Haven't done me wrong so I've kept with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawman556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you like nuts, go with NF or Badger. No nuts, go with Seekins. The ARC's are pretty sweet as well. </div></div>

Couldn't have said it better.