• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whidden die hard to thread into RCBS Rebel

STXLeroy

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2021
Texas
Ok guys. I'm a new guy when it comes to reloading, I am currently loading for a 7mm SAUM. I've got a sweet load that is doing great from the previous owner of the rifle. Sending 175 SMK into very good groups and have had zero accuracy issues. But the kicker is I've been playing with new Norma brass. So I've simply been using a whidden micrometer bullet seating die to seat my rounds into new brass, now that I need to resize the brass, I just purchased the whidden bushing full length sizing die with the correct bushings for my neck size, the bullet seating die threads into my RCBS Rebel very easy. But the sizer die is pretty tight, not cross threaded, not needing a wrench, just "firm" as threaded in... is this normal? It is probably nothing. And being a new guy on the block I'm probably overthinking it. But my smart side always says don't force things, even though it threads all the way down to the shell holder. It's just a bit tight. Thoughts?

Last edited:
likely the threads were cut with a worn tool and the major and minor or the pitch is slightly off. If it fits, I'd use it. If it's too tight, call them and ask what they'd do.

Reactions: STXLeroy
likely the threads were cut with a worn tool and the major and minor or the pitch is slightly off. If it fits, I'd use it. If it's too tight, call them and ask what they'd do.
Thank you.

Mine did the same thing in my Mec Marksman. Screwed it in and out several times and it was fine.