• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whidden Gunworks 300 prc sizing die

Max_The_Phoenix

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2022
Usa
Hi Everyone
I was using the Forster FL Sizing die to size my 300 prc brass. I just got my whidden gunworks click adjustable sizing die. Looks like whidden die doesn’t size the body as much as the Forster die, I compared the measurements below the shoulder body junction.I bump only 2 thou.

Reamer print: 0.5160
Fired: 0.5160
Forster Die: 0.5125
Whidden die: 0.5160

Ps: I tried to chamber both cases with the ejector and firing pin removed, bolt drops freely on the Forester one but the whidden one drops a little bit slowly with gravity

My question is am I going to run into pressure issues with the whidden die?
Is it better to have some more clearance in that place?
I really like it, it sizes more consistent
(-/+0.0005)
Thanks

Attachments

• 300 PRC AW Reamer print.jpg
    300 PRC AW Reamer print.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 28
Whidden is undersized at the .2 line on 300 prc. I owned that exact die and had to buy a micron die to fix the clicker issue as the .2 grew. Stay with the forester

Reactions: Max_The_Phoenix
A few of us tried Whidden dies years ago and all had issues. They seemed to be about the worst made dies you could buy at the time. Not sure if anything has changed in the last 6-8 years. I also bought one of their mini chassis inserts for a Mauser which was super cool but the action screw holes were cut so poorly that they were visibly off about 10*. I can't really find a good reason to give them another chance when there are so many good options out there.

A few of us tried Whidden dies years ago and all had issues. They seemed to be about the worst made dies you could buy at the time. Not sure if anything has changed in the last 6-8 years. I also bought one of their mini chassis inserts for a Mauser which was super cool but the action screw holes were cut so poorly that they were visibly off about 10*. I can't really find a good reason to give them another chance when there are so many good options out there.
They asked me to send 3 pieces of fireformed brass + the die so they see what they can do or they can build me a custom die for the difference, I just emailed them back that I want to proceed with the refund.
I will buy the Short action custom die, I am so happy with the results I am getting on the 6.5 cm die that I am using.

They asked me to send 3 pieces of fireformed brass + the die so they see what they can do or they can build me a custom die for the difference, I just emailed them back that I want to proceed with the refund.
I will buy the Short action custom die, I am so happy with the results I am getting on the 6.5 cm die that I am using.
They took care of me on the chassis thing, no issues with customer service and I got something workable in the end but it just seems the QC is pretty much non existent.