• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whidden micrometer die

Trapshooter12

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2009
Nevada
I just received my dies and the micrometer die bottoms out before the bullet is seated to the proper depth it is roughly a tenth to long.

It doesn't quite fit into the Aics magazine.

Am i not doing something right. I set it up per instructions.

Ive not used the whidden, but i just took a look at it online and i think i know what youre doing and how to fix it.

Back the micrometer out and set it to zero, loosen the jamb nut on top, put a loaded case with the projectile seated to the desired length into the die with the press. spin the threaded rod sticking out of the top of the die down until it makes contact with your bullet. tighten the jamb nut.(finger tight is fine) You should be good to go and use the micrometer to fine tune from there.

Reactions: BigdaddyWSM
The Whidden dies have a lot of threads. They are long. In my older RCBS Rock Chucker I had to turn the die down more than the recommended 1-2 turns after touching the shell holder so I'd have enough threads on the seating stem for adjustment. Also you got two seating stems with the dies use the longer one.

When you first install the die, make sure the spring loaded bottom is pressed about half way up when you have press arm down & shellholder up. After that my top screw ( the long black allen one) is flush with the knurled top nut.