• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whiskey-3 Chassis for the Badger M2008 SA

Massoud

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2008
Boise area, Idaho
www.krg-ops.com
We'd like to formally announce our newest version of our Whiskey-3 Chassis! This is built for the Badger M2008 SA which is one of the best available actions in our opinion.

We have been shipping these for awhile now, filling backorders. We are nearly sold out of this run but have a list going for the next available stocks. Please PM me or preferably send an email to info at krg-ops.com to get on the list. Additionally, Badger Ordnance themselves are stocking the chassis and they may have some left.

This is a drop in chassis, it comes with action screws, and it comes set up to take AI AW magazines. You just drop in your barreled action then set up the ergonomics and go shooting!

The specs for this one are similar to our other versions. The biggest difference is that this one takes AW mags. Our test rifle here will actually take either AICS or AW mags. Here's the full spec page off of our website:

http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/products/w3c.php

Forend:
• Aluminum, designed for ergonomic feel.
• Threaded mounting holes at various positions, total of 15-18, including two on each side for future accessories like NV mounts.
• Access hole for action mounting screw, so you can remove the action without removing forend.
• Finish is hard anodize.

“Backbone”/Chassis:
• Rem 700 version can accommodate some large aftermarket recoil lugs like the Badger Ordnance lug without any or with only slight modification.
• Designed for 5 or 10 round AICS magazines (with or without front spacer plate in T3, with spacer plate only in Rem 700 unless you have a modified action; Sako M995 version uses AICS CIP length or regular length magnum magazines; Badger M2008 version uses AI AW 10round double stack magazines ).
• Will accept any barrel contour up to 1.25” straight cylinder.

Trigger Guard/Mag catch:
• Similar in shape to TRG trigger guard but made of aluminum instead of Delrin.
• Will accept Barnard trigger for T3 as well as factory trigger.
• Rem 700 version will accept the new x-mark triggers and some aftermarket triggers but some aftermarket triggers may require modifications to the trigger or chassis.
• Mag catch is our popular Catch Extender which improves ergonomics and control.

Folding Mechanism (not applicable for fixed stock):
• Main latch uses proven tapered plunger style lockup.
• Secondary latch locks buttstock in folded position.
• Spring loaded plungers lock automatically.
• Tapered design of plungers allows tight lockup through wear of the system.
• Latch components made of hardened stainless steel and nitrided high strength chromoly steel.

Cheekpiece:
• Infinitely adjustable within range (1” travel).
• Uses thumbscrew to clamp/loosen.
• Cheekpiece must be removed to remove bolt in some positions, but this is quick and we have included a simple feature to make the cheekpiece go back to the exact height you set it.
• Cheekpiece can be moved forward and backward with several mounting positions.
• Cheekpiece made of polymer to not transmit heat to or away from your face.

Length of Pull:
• Adjustable in ¼” increments with nearly 2” of adjustment range.
• LOP adjustment range varies slightly between versions but is roughly 12.8” to 15.4”.
• Uses two cam locks to ensure a solid fit.

Buttstock:
• CNC milled from billet aluminum.
• Entire buttstock can be removed for easy storage or transport.
• Entire buttstock assembly can be used on a TRG if you should desire.
• Fixed buttstock can be upgraded to folding buttstock with parts kit in the future.

Buttpad:
• Moves vertically to any desired position.
• Locks in with set screw.
• Buttpad is Remington 700 pattern so user can install aftermarket pre-fit pads.
• Buttpad can tilt 15 degrees to each side (as if looking directly from the rear down the bore).

Mounting features for slings, monopods, etc:
• Buttstock has one built in ambidextrous QD sling mount point, and provisions for a second point higher and further toward the rear.
• Buttstock includes bag rider/butthook which can be replaced with optional picatinny rail.
• Harris bipod stud included on forend.
• QD cups can be mounted on any number of positions on sides or bottom of forend.

Optional Accessories:
• Front 6 o’clock picatinny rail (Magpul MOE L2 rail)- to mount accessories like rail mounted bipods.
• Rear 6 o’clock picatinny rail (Magpul MOE L3 rail)- to mount accessories like a monopod.
• QD sling cup- mount at various positions for use with slings with QD mounts.
• Barrier Stop/Hand Stop- mount on forend to use during positional shooting.
• FOLDING STOCK COMES WITH ONE EACH MOE L2 and L3 RAIL.

Materials/Finishes:
• All aluminum parts are bead blasted and hard anodized.
• All fasteners are stainless steel with black oxide coating.
• Steel parts are salt bath nitrided.
• Grip panels are injection molded reinforced polymer.

Weight:
• Fixed version is about 4lbs 15oz w/o magazine.
• Folding version is about 5lbs 4oz w/o magazine.

Color:
• Black only.

Price:
•$890 Credit; $880 Check/Money Order for fixed version.
•$1260 Credit; $1250 Check/Money Order for folding version

And now for some pics!

IMG_3249mod.jpg

IMG_3264mod.jpg

SHOT show 2012 display rifle for the Badger Ordnance booth:
IMG_20120114_193053.jpg

Re: Whiskey-3 Chassis for the Badger M2008 SA

Now that is one good looking setup!! Hopefully it receives a food response just as your other chassis has!

TacDriver,

Yes, it's a straight drop in. (3rd paragraph in the original post)

-John

I really like the thumb ramp. Pretty much what sold me over the AX. I'll be picking one of these up in the next couple of months!

Massoud and zunrj5.......I had already ordered all my parts prior to seeing those pics........now I cant wait!!!

I really like the looks of that dipped chassis from Shot Show. I may have to consider that. I will update this thread when my build is complete......just waiting on the action from Glenn at Badger.

Thanks KRG for these innovative products.

Matt

zunrj5,
Sorry, I didn't read that far down. only made it to the pictures and wanted it.

Glad you like it fellas. We feel that the Badger is a good mate to our chassis. Sure it's a little heavier than some other actions but its good qualities more than make up for it. Additionally this action sits a tiny bit higher than the Rem and T3 actions so it's easier to fit heavy barrels, the Accushot spigot mount, TRG accessories, etc.

The hydro dip was done by WW guns, it turned out to look pretty nice we thought. They charge about $200 for that dip in the pic.
Justin

TacDriver, no need to apologize - I still get excited when I see them! LOL

-john