• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whiskey 3 Competition

littlepod

Minuteman
  • Oct 16, 2012
    Kirkland, WA
    instagram.com
    Anyone running one of these? I've been hoping that one would pop up in the PX but haven't seen anything ever... so people just love them? Trying to switch it up from my MDT ACC for a bit on my Vudoo so seeing how this stacks up. I think I'll need to get the fore-end weight to make it balance, might even need to find a way to get more weights up front. Looks like their t-bar weight is only .75lbs compared to the 2.5lbs an ACC allows up front.

Anyone running one of these? I've been hoping that one would pop up in the PX but haven't seen anything ever... so people just love them? Trying to switch it up from my MDT ACC for a bit on my Vudoo so seeing how this stacks up. I think I'll need to get the fore-end weight to make it balance, might even need to find a way to get more weights up front. Looks like their t-bar weight is only .75lbs compared to the 2.5lbs an ACC allows up front.
    I’ve been running one for a few months now. It’s got a 26” MTU-ish profile barrel in it and the balance point is ~4” in front of the magazine. I’m also running a Vortex AMG, so a heavier optic might pull the balance point back a little bit. I’ve been loving it so far.

I’ve been running one for a few months now. It’s got a 26” MTU-ish profile barrel in it and the balance point is ~4” in front of the magazine. I’m also running a Vortex AMG, so a heavier optic might pull the balance point back a little bit. I’ve been loving it so far.

Ah 26" barrel is going to be a whole lot heavier than my 18" Kukri on my Vudoo. Might need to upgrade to a 20" MTU and throw in maybe the T-weight in it.

Are you running any weights on it back or front?

I’m running a krg w3 comp currently. Terminous Zues with a 25” heavy varmint. It has their forend weight, full size steel bag rider, and arca spigot. With bipod it weights right at 23#. I just picked up a mdt acc this week to try out and so far I’m on the fence with the mdt. I like some of its features like the ease of adding and adjusting weight but the thing I’m not liking is the flex in the forend. Doesn’t seem as solid as the krg. Need to get a few more rds down range with the mdt but at this point I might just stick with my
    whiskey 3’s

Ah 26" barrel is going to be a whole lot heavier than my 18" Kukri on my Vudoo. Might need to upgrade to a 20" MTU and throw in maybe the T-weight in it.

Are you running any weights on it back or front?
    Not running any weights currently, though I’ve seriously considered swapping my plastic angled bag rider for the steel version. I’m sure that would balance it out a little better.

Something to note, if you shoot competitions, get the classic cheek piece. The one that comes with the chassis is asymmetrical, and while it feels great for strong side, it totally sucks when the stage calls for any support side shooting. Makes it difficult to get behind the optic.

Not running any weights currently, though I’ve seriously considered swapping my plastic angled bag rider for the steel version. I’m sure that would balance it out a little better.

Something to note, if you shoot competitions, get the classic cheek piece. The one that comes with the chassis is asymmetrical, and while it feels great for strong side, it totally sucks when the stage calls for any support side shooting. Makes it difficult to get behind the optic.

Mind sharing a pic of your rifle setup? It seems the W3 might actually work okay if I throw the .75lb foreend weight to balance my Vudoo.

Not the greatest picture but a vudoo with 18” kukri and standard w3 chassis. Worked good and balanced nice on a barricade for practice.
    I had a arca rail on the bottom and barricade stop from area419 on it

Attachments

• 2BFB4CAB-3319-48C1-B58F-59ACD4DC33EC.png
      2BFB4CAB-3319-48C1-B58F-59ACD4DC33EC.png
      3.3 MB · Views: 69
    Reactions: littlepod
    Not the greatest picture but a vudoo with 18” kukri and standard w3 chassis. Worked good and balanced nice on a barricade for practice.
    I had a arca rail on the bottom and barricade stop from area419 on it

Running any weights in the front end?

I remember I borrowed W3 and stuck my Vudoo in it and it felt rather back heavy. I threw on a 1.5lb bipod to help weigh it down to sorta balance on a barricade.

1600531056676.png

Running any weights in the front end?

I remember I borrowed W3 and stuck my Vudoo in it and it felt rather back heavy. I threw on a 1.5lb bipod to help weigh it down to sorta balance on a barricade.

View attachment 7427479

I had a suppressor on it plus the atlas bipod. It balanced pretty good for me. I think I had the standard little bag rider that comes with them when it was on the vudoo.

With my Zues and 25” heavy varmint I have a weight on the front and heavy bag rider out back. It will balance on a gate on its own with a shmedium gamechanger all day long.

Mind sharing a pic of your rifle setup? It seems the W3 might actually work okay if I throw the .75lb foreend weight to balance my Vudoo.
    This is best photo that I have of it. The aluminum fore end and bipod spigot definitely add some weight. The bipod attachment might actually be steel.. I’m not sure on that though...
    D62E1D67-476F-4147-9174-E5A62EAD68D6.jpeg

Reactions: Bravo6niner