• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing "White Deer"

Re: "White Deer"

I've seen them before but it is cool.

They have "white deer" in the Finger Lakes inside the fence at the old Seneca Army Depot. They intermingle with brown deer, they're beautiful.

Not albino's either, pure white with pigmented eyes.

Very cool looking animals, I would love to get in on one of the hunts for a whitey.

They are beautiful, around my area the albino gene pops up from time to time, last archery season I had a chance to shoot an albino spike buck from a ground blind @ 6yds, I chose to pass on him as I would never shoot a brown buck that young, so why shoot a white one I figured? I have pics and video of that particular deer from the time he was a very small fawn up until he had velvet spikes, haven't seen him since a few weeks after that encounter though...Hopefully he's still around growing up so I can hang him on my wall in the future
wink.gif

Steve

I never understood why? A deer is a deer as far as i'm concerned, that'd be like saying you can't shoot a non-typical...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> i heard that albino's cannot reproduce. </div></div>
That is incorrect. They may or may not pass on the "white" trait.