• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater White House Down

opeagle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Ohio
Will it be the better movie between it and Olympus has fallen?

Anyone planning to see it?

It's got a bigger budget and wasn't rushed into production the way "Olympus Has Fallen" was. That said, that doesn't mean it will be any better and could be worse. It's all a gamble in Hollywoodland, and while Roland Emmerich has a history of making goofy fun movies like "Independence Day" and "The Day After Tomorrow" it's hard to guage this one.

Thanks

I didn't see the other one either so we will see as the new one comes out.

It's got a bigger budget and wasn't rushed into production the way "Olympus Has Fallen" was. That said, that doesn't mean it will be any better and could be worse. It's all a gamble in Hollywoodland, and while Roland Emmerich has a history of making goofy fun movies like "Independence Day" and "The Day After Tomorrow" it's hard to guage this one.

So does that mean they won't use Counter sniper scopes in it? :-D

If I was FORCED to watch it? I'd cut my own dick off, shellac it and turn it into a letter opener, and use it to gouge out my fucking eyes. I can't even stand the trailers.

Jamie Fox has managed to make it onto my "no watch list." Screw him, I'm not wasting money on anything he's turning a profit on.

I will probably go and see both films. I was really taken back when I saw the trailer and then at the end saw the lame ass movie title they chose for it.

Shit like that happens all the time and usually results in one being rushed to theaters before the other. Somewhat recent examples:

Rob Roy vs Braveheart

Dante's Peak vs Volcano

Deep Impact vs Armageddon

Antz vs A Bug's Life

In some cases, particularly the Dreamworks vs Pixar battle, it's a bit of a personal vendetta between Katzenberg & Disney's key management. But in most cases it's just an emergent situation that happens because the handful of studios out there are often developing loads of films and similarities often pop-up. This can be exacerbated by a situation where both studios have spent a significant amount of time and money developing the scripts and getting ready to go into production, so that as soon as the word gets out that there is a competing film, one or both rush to production with hopes of getting into theaters first instead of shelving something they've put so many resources into.

got it on netflix, and while entertaining, I think my wife got tried to hearing me say that doesn’t work that way with a few sighs thrown in every 10 or so minutes and me yelling "press the button" at the end, LOL.