• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

White House petition for a Hero.

2ndamendfan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2010
UT
Can a civilian be buried with full military honors is the question I have.

In situations like this we could retroactively say that civilians who fight to protect innocent people from death by terrorism have been retroactively drafted, and they are entitled to military honors, pay and benifits. The only problem is than democrats would immediantly exploit it by creating fake incidents interrupted by their constituents as a means to put then on lifelong government benefits.

There are civilians buried in Arlington. Don’t know what kind of services they were afforded.

There are civilians buried in Arlington. Don’t know what kind of services they were afforded.

As I understand, Martha Raye was buried with honors at Ft Bragg.

Her headstone indicates civilian, so I'm not exactly sure what her true status was. But she earned her place, for sure.

Hmmm. The more i sip, the smarter I think i am. Preface over.

I saw this earlier on the news and have pondered for a bit.

I think no. While I am so so proud of this young man and full of admiration of his selflessness, I say no.

He went to college. I dont know all his story, and if he was in ROTC I think he would qualify for honors sans petition.

I believe military honors should be reserved for those who sign on the dotted line. Giving all, Up to, and including their life.
He gave his and it wasn't a planned deal and a sacrifice he committed to prior like our great warriors who did, whether they lose it in battle defending us or not.

I have multiple shit tons of respect for those who serve. I would never want to diminish their service or sacrifice.

I say top civilian honors and the top civilian award (posthumously or not) for those who act so selflessly to stop a terrorist.
This shooter wasnt a terrorist in the sense many think, and planning to murder innocents for any radical plan, religious or not, makes one a terrorist in my book.

I still say this young man is a complete and awesome man, and should be on posters in schools and kids rooms as an example of an American man and hero. Screw those ball player types.

He was ROTC.

ROTC wears a uniform and in time of war would immediately get called up.

If New Jersey can half mast the flag for Whitney Houston this kid has earned a spot amongst those he was working to be with.

Was he on an ROTC scholarship?

Don't they complete OCS on summer breaks?

Did he take the oath?

Well if he was ROTC then I am all in.

Short on research time. Sleepover night so kids going crazy!

And that crap for crackhead Houston was just ridiculous.