• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision White light and DBAL-i2 fitment/mounting

mikefraz

Private
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2013
Looking to mount a white light next to my DBAL-i2 on my top rail. Ideally I’d like to buy a Surefire M340, and mount the picatinny cleat directly in front of the DBAL-i2 on the top rail, but I’m not sure if there’s enough clearance for that. I’m also interested in getting a Modbutton (with the Surefire mount built in) and having it mounted directly behind the DBAL-i2, but that too looks like it would be a really tight fit.

Does anyone have those combinations and would be willing to try them out to see if they work? I’m trying to not mount anything on the side rails if I can help it. I’m open to other light mounting options as well that utilize the top rail. Weight is a big concern though, so no OWL please.

Welp, went ahead and bought an M340 Surefire and a Modbutton Lite. I guess I’ll find out if it works. I’m I don’t respond to this thread, assume that it fit fine.

FYI, for anyone that may search for this thread on a later date. It totally works just fine. You need to leave two picatinny rail slots open in front of the DBAL-i2 for it to clear though. Would highly recommend.