• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

White light moment

Alphatreedog

Tier Potato
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2017
    So I will qualify that as often pointed out , my English Composition sucks racid Donkey Schwartz . Learned it 38 plus years ago and never used it .
    So I apologize to our written English aficionados ahead of time . Or Ughh , Me type .
    So I compete a little . Steel Challenge , 3Gun , Action Pistol and other Club Matches . My financial means being what they are I chose to not do trainings . They are valid , of great worth etc and I don't . Instead I watchh competitors , talk to competitors some National and watch videos . I've watched and purchased Jason from Rifles Only (?) , Magpul Art of the Carbine , watched Frank , Travis Haley , Tu Lam , Koenig , Miculek , Miculek , Rob Leatham and you name it . I get what I need .
    I have a half decent backround in Martial Arts . I earned a Black Belt in Kempo by 23 . Earned Red Gloves in Savate and kick boxed in PKA albeit amateur . Earned a Blue Belt in BJJ and competed . Fought MMA quire successfully . On a side note I know 3 stripe whit Belts that would destroy some of the examples you see on UFC . Anyone can purchase a Black Belt .So I digress . Black Belt means " You have made it your own " . You have achieved proficiency mentally and physically . In your reasoning , employment and execution . Black Belt is more a process than a destination . To diligently attempt to prove worth and practicality rather than dismiss out of have . To experience and incorporate the useful and valuable . To experience the useless , negative , hurtful , detrimental so as to be vigilant and watchful .
    So apply the afore mentioned Eastern Yaadaa yaadaa yaadaa to Youtube .
    And herein lies the Epiphany . CLINT SMITH . Yep , all caps . I have seen heard and followed more for entertainment than training . So yesterday I come upon what looks to be a 20 year old video complete with Clint running a Colt w/carry handle . But WTF ? He is doing all the stuff that the Gods of Tacticool do . ( In my best announcer with echoe echoe echoe voice ). Could it Be ?
    Some backround . Clint Smith was a Vietnam Vet , 2tours IIRC . Then a Police Officer . Gunsite Operations Officer then Thunder Ranch . Clint is All Trainer to Odin's All Father . The Pew to the Pew . And an all around funny , practical , razor sharply pointed Trained .
    So my white light moment was Clint Smith is Adam to modern carbine tactics . Yeah Vickers yaadaa yaadaa yaadaa . I'm going with Smith and intend to book next Spring or slightly later .
    If you are intelligent and able bodied there is no reason that you cannot employ lessons , techniques and tactics learned . The only thing that limits you is you .

Anyone can purchase a Black Belt .So I digress . Black Belt means " You have made it your own " . You have achieved proficiency mentally and physically . In your reasoning , employment and execution . Black Belt is more a process than a destination . To diligently attempt to prove worth and practicality rather than dismiss out of have .
    I believe the word you are looking for is mushin.

20210425_164024.jpg

The first training videos I purchased were from Thunder Ranch. Learned a lot, especially about the mind side of things.

Good luck with the training!

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    The Mrs and I went to Urban Precision Rifle the day after the election. Always love being around Clint.

“If God or Stoner wanted that shit on your weapon, they woulda put it there in the first place!”

“Shoot good, not fast. Only hits count! You can’t miss me fast enough to hurt me.”

Had the pleasure of Handgun 1 @ Thunder Ranch when it was in Kerrville. My brain is still full of Clint Smith-isms. The first was to keep a fire extinguisher by your bed, as its statistically more likely to be useful than a gun. Wolves travel in packs (have enough ammo). The "one is none, two is one, three is better" used to apply to flashlights, but I guess now its pistols.

He was waxing on about tactical advantage and NOT house clearing and said, “Do NOT clear your own house unless someone you love is inside and in mortal danger! That’s what the police are for. Bump in the night? Call the cops and secure everybody in one place and arm up! Do NOT go downstairs. Everything is insured. If someone comes upstairs, light them up!”

Mrs leans in and says, “he sounds like you.”

Clint overheard and yells, “No! He sounds like me! I told him that when he first came to urban rifle in Texas. Did you tell him to go check a bump in the night and he refused?”

“Yes. “

To me, “Good on you.”