• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

White Oak Armament 20" SPR or 20" Service?

CheapBasterd

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2023
California
Never really built/owned an "target rifle" in an .223 AR platform. Just a bunch of high speed low drag operator shit.
Im trying to decide between two WOA barrels for theraputic bench rest shooting out to 900 yards.
20" SPR or 20" Service...
Lots of inspiring reviews of the 18" SPR but barely anything about the 20" or the service barrel...just a different profile?
Am I just splitting hairs here or is there something special about the SPR other than the Ops inc step?
WOA doesnt list the blank used for the SPR.

Therth altho the Wilthon Thuper Thniper that im looking at...

Last edited:
Never really built/owned an "target rifle" in an .223 AR platform. Just a bunch of high speed low drag operator shit.
Im trying to decide between two WOA barrels for theraputic bench rest shooting out to 900 yards.
20" SPR or 20" Service...
Lots of inspiring reviews of the 18" SPR but barely anything about the 20" or the service barrel...just a different profile?
Am I just splitting hairs here or is there something special about the SPR other than the Ops inc step?
WOA doesnt list the blank used for the SPR.

Therth altho the Wilthon Thuper Thniper that im looking at...
I have 3 of the White Oak Service Rifle Uppers (mine are all the Bartlein barrel version) and they are crazy accurate. They are not light weight (quad rail hand guards), really strong build with their barrel extensions. They are built to support competition under the NRA Service Rifle rules. These are all cut rifled barrels (Bartlein, Krieger, Brux) with unique gas block cutouts. These are where WOA made their bones and are spectacular.

I have 3 of the White Oak Service Rifle Uppers (mine are all the Bartlein barrel version) and they are crazy accurate. They are not light weight (quad rail hand guards), really strong build with their barrel extensions. They are built to support competition under the NRA Service Rifle rules. These are all cut rifled barrels (Bartlein, Krieger, Brux) with unique gas block cutouts. These are where WOA made their bones and are spectacular.
"gas block cut outs". The flats for an A2 base?

Looks like its Wilson Blanks for their low cost service rifle which is where my budget is at $300 or so.
Im leaning towards the heavier profile. I wont be carrying this around.

I have both and unless you are mag dumping, I don't think you'll see much difference between the 2. I have 7 WOA barrels, all wilson blanks. They are all great shooters.

I have a WOA 20” SPR Upper, 1-7 Twist Narrow Fluted to reduce wieght and a WOA A4 Shilen Service Rifle Optic Upper w/MK7 Rail .
Other than weight, I see no difference in my shooting.
-Richard

Last edited: