• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

White oak armament barrels

m1ajunkie

Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2010
Kennewick, WA
Looking for user feedback of White oak armament barrels. I'm looking at using either their SDM 20" barrel or their 18" barrel in my long range ar build. Those of you who have them, would you recomment them to someone else? I am also looking at compass lake engineering if reviews of the WOA come back negative. Depending on which barrel I decided to use, will dictate whether I go with an SPR type rifle or a SAM-R rifle. Any feedback is appreciated on either of those rifle types for shooting out to 600 yards.

Thanks

Re: White oak armament barrels

I have the WOA upper on my AR Service Rifle. Its excellent. Others I have talked to who use White Oak have the same opinion.

I dont think you would go wrong with the White Oak.

Just got a 24" 1:11 Krieger White Oak from DS9. Hopefully I'll be getting it broke in this weekend........if the #%$%$ snow melts so I can at least getg ON the range. I'll give a report.

I built the rifle off a CMMG DPMS styke lower, DPMS A3 upper, DPMS Free float tube, RR NM trigger. 10X Super Sniper.

I OD green Gun Coated the barrel looks great. Pics to follow

I've got a couple and they are solid shooters. No worries with them.

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like going with the WOA barrel is no problem. Now I just have to decide which type rifle to go with.

Have a couple WOA barrels, one in 6 RAT and the other is .223/5.56. Both shoot great, excellent workmanship, good value. I'll keep using them!

I've got an 18" SPR barrel from them. I love it.

I just got an 18" SPR but haven't been able to shoot it yet

I got 2 WOA uppers. I always heard they are the best. I also have 2 Armilite NM that shoot great. Hope the WOA was worth the wait. It took about 23 weeks to get mine.

I have a Compass Lake upper for high power with a Krieger barrel I love it. I recommend a Krieger barrel. Both White Oak and Compass Lake offer a Krieger. Fulton Armory states they feel Krieger are the best. If you can get one in the contour you want that’s what I would get.

I only have 1 WOA barrel, which I got second hand, but it is amazingly accurate.

It is a 16" stainless, and it may be my most accurate AR.

I have one of their uppers and it shoots extremely well. I just assembled an upper with one of their 18" SPR barrels.

Won't go wrong either way.

White oak is the way to go, I have 4 AR uppers from white oak and they all shoot exceptional. They also have great customer service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: supernt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only have 1 WOA barrel, which I got second hand, but it is amazingly accurate.

It is a 16" stainless, and it may be my most accurate AR.

</div></div>
+1 on that. My 6.8 WOA 1:11 RHT SS barrel is very accurate and cleans up really nice...I purchased the optional head-spaced bolt...

I am going to get the optional headspaced bolt as well for the added insurance. Right now I am leaning toward an SDM build, so I am also going to get the correct set screw sight base from WOA.

How sturdy is a front site base attached by four set screws when compared to one attached by taper pins?

Just wondering if any one knows if a 6/3 marked carry handle off a colt 6920 will be okay to use on a 20" rifle? Will the elevation clicks still be accurate?

I have owned five WOA barrels 18" 1/7 SPR and 20" all in 223 wylde,Had one in 6.8SPC WOA 18" mid gas systeme all barrels where SUB MOA more in the .5 range .

Shot 3.4" at 565 yards a few weeks ago,Dam thing out shot my bolt gun that day .

I have a 16" mid gas. and it shoots moa with a 1.5-5 leupold on top and nosler 77gr with AA 2460. I will use another on my next build.

I finally got to shoot my mk12 mod 0 clone today and I'm impressed with the White Oak barrel.

WOA 18" SPR barrel
2010-03-07%2015.55.01.jpg

77gr black hills @ 100yds

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skatz11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I finally got to shoot my mk12 mod 0 clone today and I'm impressed with the White Oak barrel.

WOA 18" SPR barrel
2010-03-07%2015.55.01.jpg

77gr black hills @ 100yds

</div></div>

Thats some good shooting. Im glad to know the WOA barrels are good to go.

I just bought my first WOA barrel for my .223 about 6months ago and it shoots incredible for an AR.
18"- 1:7 twist and it loves 69gr. and 77gr. SMK's.

The only problem tho, when I got it the Stag Arms BBl Ext. wasnt completly tight on it but besides that it is the most accurate AR barrel I have ever shot.

Will buy another for sure.