• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

White Oak Armament Product and Service

mercervillerental

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2019
I started this post detailing two different service experiences with two different barrel manufacturers. I decided to leave the 2nd experience generic and name out of it. Both were custom orders and both products perform amazingly. If anyone is interested I'm happy to share more specific details of the 2nd experience in a private thread.

After asking White Oak a question about their custom upper receiver fixture John H started asking me several questions about my build, the process, the components, etc. It was one of the best customer service interactions I've ever had. In my business I/we spend a lot of time understanding client needs, both before and after the sale, to make sure we deliver the highest level of service and our clients get the most value out of what we provide. I've been doing this for 20 years and I'd like to think I'm at least decent at it. John put me to shame. I wasn't looking for advice on the general build but was happy to hear I was doing things "correctly" (more or less...) but I also picked up some tweaks and tips that I was previously unaware of. I couldn't be happier with how far above and beyond John went. John's questions were thoughtful, unassuming and clearly coming from the perspective of someone who enjoys sharing knowledge with others.

The second experience...not so much. Great pre-sales support. Calling with a (simple) question after the fact resulted in the owner explaining their business model didn't include any type of advice and I'm free to purchase gunsmithing services. While I understand it definitely helps inform my decision about where to spend my money next time.

Net net - the White Oak Armament team is first class and their products are amazing. I'm on my 6th order with them and they come through every time. Thank you WOA!

I've been using WOA barrels for 13 years. I've spent hundreds more on SPR barrels that don't perform nearly as well as my usual WOA 18" with CLE chamber. I'm on my 3rd SPR barrel and they've all outperformed premium barrels costing much more. WOA is G2G.

If you are going to tell the good, you gotta tell the bad. It was real true experience....that counts.
There is so much negativity in the world that I figured I’d amplify the good experience rather than go off on a rant about the bad one. Life is too short

Reactions: ColinW
I've bought 2 uppers from them and they are hands down, built better and shoot better than my Rock River Arms upper. Whenever anyone asks me about AR15 gear, I instantly push them towards White Oak.

Not a lot of places left where you can pick up the phone and bounce your questions off a National Champion who’s happy to share his knowledge.

The price/performance combo is unbeatable. You might find a better shooting barrel out there, at twice the price.

Reactions: mercervillerental
Agreed. I have also been a WOA customer for some time. In fact, I ordered one of their new hand guards a few weeks ago and it shipped the same day with great communiucation. When other companies are blaming shipping delays on Covid and high demand, they make it happen.

My WOA barrels hammer. They were very helpful in tweaking the gas port hole size on an intermediate length barrel I had spun up.

I bought my first Holliger upper in 1999 or 2000, from White Oak Precision. It was a NM 20" service rifle upper, pinned rear sight, windage adj front, 6.5" twist PacNor 3-groove with the then-new Wylde chamber. I had been out of highpower competition for a few years and that rifle had me back in Master class right off the bat. I even shot it at 1000 with the JLK 90 VLDs. John took a bunch of time with me making sure I was getting what I really needed plus some load info for his uppers. Since I was using LC brass, I dropped charge weights by about 1/2 gr but his loads sure turned me onto RL15 & Remington 7 1/2 primers for 69s, 77s and 80s and the CCI450s for the 90s.

WOA delivered a quality product to me. That being said; I may have missed the dimensions of their gas manifold somewhere, but it is never going to fit under any slim handguard. A minor aggravation as I had to order a gas block and wait on it, but not a deal breaker on ordering from them again in the future. I might even chalk it up to being a failure on my part on not having a spare low profile block on hand.

Last edited:
my WOA SPR upper is, without a doubt, one of the most accurate rifles Ive ever shot.

The one thing I can say is they are currently so backed up on orders, they wont take custom requests, and even the product options on the website seem scaled down to reflect this.

To be frank, I was a little surprised to see they offer no shorter barrel options in a 223 wylde chambered barrels for sale. In fact, they are listing only one 16" length 1/8" twist option at all right now, and its a varmint barrel with a gas manifold..