• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

White River primers

Testing this new US primer on .260Rem.

Hello my Finnish friend.

I laughed a bit when I saw you struggling a little to open the box of primers one handed as you held the phone in your other hand. My first thought was you need to put those boys of yours to work as cameramen. lol.

Great SD (albeit on small set size) but how does that compare to SD your see with your process using other primers (and what other primers are available to you in Finland??).

And another point of interest to me is the consistency of their weight from primer to primer.

Thanks for posting this.

Kiwi Fclass shooters were buying out any stock they could find ofthe White river.

I bought a fair bit of the Indian stuff as a backup before these made it to Australia, very little of anything else getting to New South Wales. Still have a few cartons of Federal match so I'll probably use the Indian stuff for hunting and close range/mess around loads if it doesn't test as consistent as the Federal primers.

Reactions: lash and viking78
Hello my Finnish friend.

I laughed a bit when I saw you struggling a little to open the box of primers one handed as you held the phone in your other hand. My first thought was you need to put those boys of yours to work as cameramen. lol.

Great SD (albeit on small set size) but how does that compare to SD your see with your process using other primers (and what other primers are available to you in Finland??).

And another point of interest to me is the consistency of their weight from primer to primer.

Thanks for posting this.
You are talking right things :D
I should force the youngsters to do the filming, they do not want to do nothing, if i dont pay them.
But yes, so far what i have shooting with these primers, these have been very good.
These are little bit wider than CCI is, so you need to pay a tension, that the primer is seated well in the case, if you just press it, but dont look, these might get floating, so make sure to press enough on the hand primer.
I could weight these next time i do reload, i would like to see also small magnum primers, and many want magnum large too.
Those who are interested of these, you can send them a question, when they are making different primers.

Reactions: Baron23 and lash
This is interesting. I may pick some up to try - I'm out of non-magnum LRP primers.

Currently using magnum CCI primers in my 6.5 Creedmoor hunting rounds, would love to compare those with these new primers.

Edit - purchased 500 of these primers to try out.

Reactions: Baron23 and R_A_W
For the US guys, don't waste your time on these. Once they are gone they are gone for good. They are shipping all of their primers to Aus and New Zealand as they can get 2x the commercial rice to the wholesalers there.

The only reason they are for sale here is WR broke their contract with Republic Reloading so they are just selling them all out till gone. WR tried to get all primers back from the people they sent them to so they could send them overseas.

• Wow
Reactions: lash
For the US guys, don't waste your time on these. Once they are gone they are gone for good. They are shipping all of their primers to Aus and New Zealand as they can get 2x the commercial rice to the wholesalers there.

The only reason they are for sale here is WR broke their contract with Republic Reloading so they are just selling them all out till gone. WR tried to get all primers back from the people they sent them to so they could send them overseas.
I knew we were being ripped off when it came to primers.
The prices haven't gone down at all since peak covid levels.

I have test them in my 6cm and .308. against CCI BR-2 and Fed 210M. The WR are slightly bigger and go in with more effort than CCI of Fed.
Here are my results shooting 10 rounds each.

6cm Hornady Brass 39.3 gr of H4350, Berger 109Hy
CCI BR2 AVG FPS= 2993.7 SD=8.8 ES= 18.4
Fed 210M AVG FPS= 3018.3 SD= 13.55 ES=39.95 ( not good)
WR L-1000 AVG FPS= 3054 SD= 7.1 ES=16.4

.308 WIN Black Hills Match Brass 42.3 gr of Varget, 178 ELD-M
CCI BR2 AVG FPS=2704.1 SD=11.1 ES=24.8
FED 210M AVG FPS= 2725 SD= 8.7 ES=19.8
WR L-1000 AVG FPS= 2738 SD=7.8 ES= 18.6

Accuracy stayed the same with all 3 in the .308. In the 6 CM the groups opened up to just under .700 with the WR. The 6 CM groups best right at 3020 to 3030 FPS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris1972
I knew we were being ripped off when it came to primers.
The prices haven't gone down at all since peak covid levels.
Someone had CCI 400s the other day online for 69 per 1k. While that is still high it is trending down. Ginex at American relaoding also went from 339 for 5k to 309 for 5k.

Someone had CCI 400s the other day online for 69 per 1k. While that is still high it is trending down. Ginex at American relaoding also went from 339 for 5k to 309 for 5k.
We still paying double that, no sign of prices dropping anytime soon.

Yeah standard prices circa $230AUD/1000.

I wish we weren't regarded as a premium market. We get reamed on factory rifles too. US stuff is probably the worst. Because hornady match and precision hunter are the only widely available decent factory ammo you are close to $100 AUD box prices at a lot of shops for standard calibres, $10 more for common magnum cals. The good federal stuff really expensive if you can get it too. Winchester is cheaper but their modern brass seems to be rubbish and they seem to have headspace control issues with the brass too, multiple people with hard/no bolt close, clear chamber and bore in rifles that have run hundreds or hornady, sellier & bellot or other ammunition. I wish the creedmoor was 308 based as ADI would probably make brass and sell loaded ammunition.

I got lucky and bought a heap of 6.5prc precision hunter for less than most shops will sell 6.5 creed at bulk prices.

Yeah standard prices circa $230AUD/1000.

I wish we weren't regarded as a premium market. We get reamed on factory rifles too. US stuff is probably the worst. Because hornady match and precision hunter are the only widely available decent factory ammo you are close to $100 AUD box prices at a lot of shops for standard calibres, $10 more for common magnum cals. The good federal stuff really expensive if you can get it too. Winchester is cheaper but their modern brass seems to be rubbish and they seem to have headspace control issues with the brass too, multiple people with hard/no bolt close, clear chamber and bore in rifles that have run hundreds or hornady, sellier & bellot or other ammunition. I wish the creedmoor was 308 based as ADI would probably make brass and sell loaded ammunition.

I got lucky and bought a heap of 6.5prc precision hunter for less than most shops will sell 6.5 creed at bulk prices.

That's nuts.

Someone had CCI 400s the other day online for 69 per 1k
I think I saw what you're referencing, those were a bulk purchase from a small ammo manufacturer that had shut down

Nevermind, those were 450's @ Powder Valley fro $80. Do you remember where you saw the 400's @ $69