• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who’s the go to for 300 Norma Imp.

hwy1strat

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2018
I know there are a lot of slightly different designs for the 300 Norma Improved. Who are the go to gunsmiths to have one built by. Ideally I’d like to find one whose got their chamber worked out and dies to go with it. I’m not sure if all the various improved chambers can do it, but I want one that I can fireform the brass by shooting factory 300 Norma ammo through it. I appreciate any recommendations.

Alex Wheeler has his reamer specs available to public, and you can get the specd 35° improved die from bullet central. When Alex did his reamer, lapua had thinner necks. I'd personally order it now with a 345 neck and whatever freebore for your desired bullets. 235 is pretty good for 210-230gr bullets.

Reactions: kthomas
I definitely second ryan pierce. Have had two 300 norma improved rifles built by him and a 25 sst. Have killed elk with it and 230 hybrids clear out to 1320 with it. The gun is stupid easy to tune and hands down the most consistent rifle ive ever shot

Reactions: rlsmith1
Pierce's new reamer is better than his old. Opened up the 200 line a bit, added a lil more neck diameter since most the new lapua brass is thicker than the first few years of production. Also believe has a a lil more freebore now. My first 300nmi was on his old reamer. It was a great shooing rifle. Unfortunately he has his reamer listed as private, the original design wasn't even drawn up by Ryan. Also, be made bullet central stop selling the micron dies for his chamber to public, only he sells them, and won't sell them unless you've bought a rifle from him.

Wheeler has his remaer posted publicly, anyone can get it and his dies are sold to the public as well. I don't understand the secretive nature of Pierce's 33° chamber, when he never even designed the reamer to begin with. The original designer used to be quite active on this board, but I haven't heard from him in some time.

I literally just took possession of my barrel an hour ago. I havent even looked at it yet.
TS Customs did a PreFit for my Coup De Grace
Pretty sure it's 28" and 8 Twist, most likely a girthy Benchmark.
He's got the reamer in hand and does amazing work.
300 Norma 35 Imp, using Bullet Central dies

Plan to gas up some spicy 250s...just need finalize which stock I'm gonna use

Reactions: kthomas