• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who all uses Pod Claws?

Re: Who all uses Pod Claws?

I use them. great for when your prone on the ground, they really dig in. On wood your gonna be ok but on concrete or something your gonna be bouncing.

So if you stick to loose soil, gravel, hay, and so on your gonna be GTG.

Hard surfaces in which the claws cant dig into something, not so effective. Try the ski feet he sells that separately and they are good for almost any surface as well

Side note: get some claw feet covers, they will tear up your finish on your barrel quick. and they will snag your clothes, pack, other gear, your buddies face, so on and so on.

have fun with them. they make a hell of a back scratcher as well!!!
smile.gif

They are very effective on the ground. You will need to get the leg screws to keep them from rotating. Also they make the bipod about one inch higher at the lowest setting. I really like mine. I have used them in 2 F-TR matches and no complaints. I wound not use them on the bench.
YMMV-Rob

Where can I get these from?

I just picked them up and have only a single range day. From the bench, I did not notice much difference between rubber Harris feet until I stabled down a piece of carpet, then the claws bit so I could load it up, rifle hop was significantly reduced.

Patch of asphalt. The claws bit well and I could find small divets and then dig in the claws into them that cut down on rifle hop.

Hard dirt, moved them around to dig in.

Loose rock, the rocks move around and while they are better than rubber feet, the shifting rocks are still a concern.

My concern is, they increase the bipod height quite a bit and it was hard for me to get low in prone with the extra height. I am sure it is something I can overcome with time on the trigger.

My claws kept tipping up on their sides when I moved them around trying to load them, very annoying. I asked Cheese and he told me to tighten up the claws on the legs, lock the leg screws, I should see a noticeable difference but have yet to get out and see, way too hot here to go shooting.

And yes, get the cover, just one day I was happy I did.

If you are going to use them for bench shooting then use the rubber footings.
If they can hold the deck of a boat at sea for some of our Military users, the bench or hood of a car is not an issue at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are going to use them for bench shooting then use the rubber footings.
If they can hold the deck of a boat at sea for some of our Military users, the bench or hood of a car is not an issue at all. </div></div>

Rubber feet or the claws? I thought about the rubber feet but rarely shoot from the bench now, its 95% prone.

I am saying......me likes them, only got one day with them.....must learn to use them.....next fall when I will get to abuse them, I know they will be worth their weight in gold on snow, ice, frozen rocks and tundra where standard rubber Harris were next to useless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RagnarAW50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cheese....I really need to send you my GG&G bipod...looked for you and missed you at the last shot-show....maybe next time. </div></div>

Still here.
Hope to here from you soon sir.

they freaking rule. they dont sink into the sand with the recoil and the more u shoot the steadier the rifle gets

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s.i.t.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they freaking rule. they dont sink into the sand with the recoil and the more u shoot the steadier the rifle gets </div></div>

Good quote for my website....thanks.

I fucking SWEAR by mine.

Help loading your pod 150%. Reduce jump. Faster follow up shots. Looks sexy too.

In all seriousness, why wouldnt you use them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s.i.t.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so cheese, what did i win? lol </div></div>

I'll send Mrs. Tactical over for a quick rub.
sick.gif

I shoot with my pod claws on all the time, they rock!! The only down side is if you shoot off of concrete, they bounce. I'm making a set of rubber flat covers for shooting off of concrete.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shoot with my pod claws on all the time, they rock!! The only down side is if you shoot off of concrete, they bounce. I'm making a set of rubber flat covers for shooting off of concrete. </div></div>

You would be absolutely amazed how well these work on man made surfaces and off in the dirt...especially sand.

20080406_46.jpg

Thanks

+ 1 here concrete is not good

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use them. great for when your prone on the ground, they really dig in. On wood your gonna be ok but on concrete or something your gonna be bouncing.

So if you stick to loose soil, gravel, hay, and so on your gonna be GTG.

Hard surfaces in which the claws cant dig into something, not so effective. Try the ski feet he sells that separately and they are good for almost any surface as well

Side note: get some claw feet covers, they will tear up your finish on your barrel quick. and they will snag your clothes, pack, other gear, your buddies face, so on and so on.

have fun with them. they make a hell of a back scratcher as well!!!
smile.gif
</div></div>