• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who are the “go to’s” to have barrel blanks machined to IMPACT action prefits?

cactusbrew

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2004
Alaska
Who are the current smith(s) or shop(s) that are the “go to’s” to get a couple of barrel blanks I have on hand to get machined and chambered into prefits for an Impact precision action?

I’ve been out of the PRS game for a few years and am easing back into it. I’m not in a super rush for turnaround, rather I want top shelf quality, so I am fine with waiting a few months kinda thing.

Thanks

Who are the current smith(s) or shop(s) that are the “go to’s” to get a couple of barrel blanks I have on hand to get machined and chambered into prefits for an Impact precision action?

I’ve been out of the PRS game for a few years and am easing back into it. I’m not in a super rush for turnaround, rather I want top shelf quality, so I am fine with waiting a few months kinda thing.

Thanks
Walls Rifles or Stuteville Precision (Wade Stuteville is under the same roof as Impact).
Either will deliver you a stellar barrel and both have won multiple national rifle comp titles so they can build a rifle as well as drive a rifle.

./

I think Manzella is in Montana.(not sure if thats the correct spelling). He does my buddys barrels and they hammer. The other ones id recommend are in Ohio or further east.

Josh @bohem at Patriot Valley Arms can easily do that. I have sent him some blanks before to get prefits made. He also offers his Osprey barrels which are excellent if you just wanted to order a prefit barrel and not have to ship yours.

Mark Robles at Radix Precision can spin one up. Damn fine work too.
Jim Paul Brown at Wildcat Precision did the last 2 for me. Both are top notch.

I think Manzella is in Montana.(not sure if thats the correct spelling). He does my buddys barrels and they hammer. The other ones id recommend are in Ohio or further east.

Who in Ohio would you recommend?

Thanks
In no particular order:
Wade Stuteville, Stuteville Precision
Greg at Southern Precision Rifles, @Bugholes
Preece Precision (salt lake area)
Chad Heckler at 5x5 Precision

These guys know what they’re doing all the way around a rifle.