• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who broke the chicken fried thread

forrestgump01

Once a deplorable, always a deplorable!
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2013
    Georgia
    I can't scroll past post #86 on the chicken fried thread , just me or anyone else having issues .
    This could be catastrophic if the thread is broken .

Me when the chicken fried steak thread crashes .........reeeeeeeeeeeee

images.gif

I broke the damn thing ya newbies.
    I even reported myself....and (gasp) apologized for my evil ways.

Anyway....
    It's chicken fried chicken for the win.
    I know some of you have seen that shit....I mean what the fuck, it's just fried chicken in a patty shape ?
    I guess the name was coined in like Mississippi or sumpthin.

I broke the damn thing ya newbies.
    I even reported myself....and (gasp) apologized for my evil ways.

Anyway....
    It's chicken fried chicken for the win.
    I know some of you have seen that shit....I mean what the fuck, it's just fried chicken in a patty shape ?
    I guess the name was coined in like Mississippi or sumpthin.
    It’s boneless breast beaten flat it cooks evenly easy that way

I know, it's just the name that's all fucked up.
    Kinda redundant dontcha think ?
    Yes, but if it was also called fried chicken someone would cry after receiving a 8pc. Chicken fried chicken cutlet would also sound dumb and chicken fried flattened boneless skinless breast is too long.

Technically anything battered and fried that way is chicken fried.

Parmigiana
    (that spelling looks wrong but spell check says it's right ?)
    It’s definitely not called that lol, that would involve sauce and cheese, they usually use bread crumb also

Chicken frying is the preparation

Reactions: Im2bent
    Well bless your heart.
    Says the guy who’s wrong lol

“The German word schnitzel (Middle High German: snitzel) is a diminutive of sniz, 'slice'.[1] The name Wiener schnitzel is first attested in 1845.[2]

Wiener schnitzel is a popular Viennese dish made of veal and traditionally garnished with a slice of lemonand either potato salad or potatoes with parsley and butter.

In Austria and Germany, Wiener Schnitzel is a protected geographical indication and must be made of veal.[3] When other meats are used, it can be called Wiener Schnitzel vom Schwein/Pute/Huhn ("Viennese schnitzel of pig/turkey/chicken") or Schnitzel (nach) Wiener Art ("Schnitzel Viennese style").

The English term schnitzel means in general all types of breaded, fried flat pieces of meat. Due to the similarity between schnitzel and escalope, in many of the countries listed below, people sometimes refer to schnitzels as escalope, and vice versa.”

There’s different types of meat used in schnitzel, pork would be Schweine Schnitzel

Last edited:
    Reactions: MtnCreek
    Breaded (chicken, pork, veal) paillard would be the most generally accurate description, if not referring to another dish specifically.

So.
    You don't use Panko on your fried chicken ?
    No wonder it sucks.
    No that’s definitely some non-southerner bullshit, using panko isn’t chicken frying. That would be making katsu(spelling is off I bet). Might as well use shake n bake

Chicken frying doesn’t mean just fried chicken it’s the preparation, it’s using AP flour and egg or egg/milk to make the flour stick.

That’s why it’s called “chicken fried ______”

Last edited:
    Reactions: lash
    Says the guy who’s wrong lol

“The German word schnitzel (Middle High German: snitzel) is a diminutive of sniz, 'slice'.[1] The name Wiener schnitzel is first attested in 1845.[2]

Wiener schnitzel is a popular Viennese dish made of veal and traditionally garnished with a slice of lemonand either potato salad or potatoes with parsley and butter.

In Austria and Germany, Wiener Schnitzel is a protected geographical indication and must be made of veal.[3] When other meats are used, it can be called Wiener Schnitzel vom Schwein/Pute/Huhn ("Viennese schnitzel of pig/turkey/chicken") or Schnitzel (nach) Wiener Art ("Schnitzel Viennese style").

The English term schnitzel means in general all types of breaded, fried flat pieces of meat. Due to the similarity between schnitzel and escalope, in many of the countries listed below, people sometimes refer to schnitzels as escalope, and vice versa.”

There’s different types of meat used in schnitzel, pork would be Schweine Schnitzel
    That's all fine-and-dandy, but I prefer "Jaeger Schnitzel".

Reactions: lash and akmike47
    I thought it was just me… but someone musta broke it. Probably vegans.

The chicken fried thread is dead… long live this, the new chicken fried thread!!

Sirhr
    You just need to spend a weekend with a southern grandma, and not one with money. She will teach you, or beat your as she with the nearest object until the desired outcome.

Boneless chicken fried chicken breast - the best bird part. Chicken fried steak is pretty damn good though.

So, in order to totally detail this thread and start a feud that has been fought before, but most of you were wrong, so: Chicken Express chicken sucks and Popeyes is what communist mothers feed their babies. Long live KFC!

• Haha
    HOW in the FUCK did the chicken fried steak thread get from real food to yardbird???...

• Haha