• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who builds custom chambered AR-15 barrels?

Togeneral99

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2010
Lynchburg, Virginia
Looking to build a 16 or 18" AR-15 in a medium contour weight with a 7mm TCU chambering, but I'm having difficulty finding a barrel manufacturer that advertises either this chambering or a custom chambering.

Do you guys know of any?

Thanks in advance

Re: Who builds custom chambered AR-15 barrels?

Krieger might; it will be a loooonnnngggg wait though if they do.

Not a barrel maker, but Compass Lake may be able to take care of you. I've talked to them about a couple custom calibers and they seemed willing.

I suspect that part of the difficulty in find an AR-15 barrel in 7 TCU is that the mag constraint of 2.260" as max OAL is too short.
Most bullets will be seated such that ogive is at or below neck/shoulder.

Would pretty much be a single shot, which limits appeal for an AR pretty heavily.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FCS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suspect that part of the difficulty in find an AR-15 barrel in 7 TCU is that the mag constraint of 2.260" as max OAL is too short.
Most bullets will be seated such that ogive is at or below neck/shoulder.

Would pretty much be a single shot, which limits appeal for an AR pretty heavily. </div></div>

From what I've seen so far with 120 gr bullets you are right, although SSK industries offers an entire upper, but I have no idea what other modifications they may have made. Also the 7-30 waters bullets would work very well for overall length due to their flat nose for safety reasons in a tubular mag.