• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Who can be on a trust?

BruxBarrels

Private
Minuteman
May 19, 2010
Lodi, WI
www.bruxbarrels.com
Currently I am working on getting ready for some form 1 items, perfectly legal here. The problem is I have a friend that may be moving to Illinois soon for a new job, where all NFA items are illegal, and they want to use them as well. If I get an NFA trust set up, would they be able to be on that trust? Of course they wouldn't take the items to IL with them, just use them while they here in Wisconsin. Is this a perfectly legal solution?

Re: Who can be on a trust?

They would have to be grantor and main trustee. They would control the items and if you have already sent the form 1's out under your name... then you would need to transfer them from your name to the new trust being formed. Then yes, it would be legal for them to hold AND you could be on that trust. Using them when you wanted to.

Re: Who can be on a trust?

I don't think you read his question correctly.

OP, yes, anyone who can legally possess NFA items personally is legal to be a trustee and have/use your items when they are in a state where it is legal.