• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who can install Kidd rear tang on 10/22?

mustang-cars

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2017
Looking to see if anyone know of a gunsmith or someone who can do the milling on a factory Ruger 10/22 receiver for a Kidd rear tang. I was going to have George at Sonora do it but he's no longer taking new work due to health reasons. Any input on an experienced individual to accomplish this would be appreciated.

How much will it cost? vs Buying a Kidd action

He will only do it in conjunction with his $159 abbreviated tune up. He won’t do the tang alone. His price of $49 is good but not paired with the tune up it’s not.
His tune up is worth every penny, squaring up the factory receiver, bolt and a custom turned barrel shank for a tighter fit with a great chamber. What barrel and bolt are you running? After Randy worked my stock target 10/22 over it’s better than most all aftermarket barrel 10/22’s I’ve seen in person. He has a great system for accuracy. I wouldn’t be afraid to send him any after market barrel for a chamber re-cut. 3-week turnaround for me was awesome.
Cheers