• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who did she vote for?

Barneybdb

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 2, 2011
    Adelaide, South Australia
    she should not lose 'rights" at all no matter if she is a felon. Felons are Americans, if they paid their debt to society then they should get all their rights restored when teh jail door closes behind them. If they are not trusted enough to have their rights back then they should not be released from jail in the first place. This includes the right to bear arms.

Within reason, right? I'm by no means being argumentative, I simply want to understand your standpoint. The guy that gets busted shooting a deer from his truck to feed his starving family, gets busted under a texas felony, out in a year or two, I get that. He should be allowed to possess firearms, and use them (hopefully legally) to do what he went in for, feeding his family once he is out. The child molester that gets out after a dime? Fuck that guy. He should have been put to death in my opinion, not given a chance to legally engage in one of the rights we hold onto with such passion.

I know that seemed ranty, but not my intention to direct that at you or your views.

Reactions: Arkansas
    she should not lose 'rights" at all no matter if she is a felon. Felons are Americans, if they paid their debt to society then they should get all their rights restored when teh jail door closes behind them. If they are not trusted enough to have their rights back then they should not be released from jail in the first place. This includes the right to bear arms.

Not sure what you mean. According to the article, she had "not" paid her debt to society yet. She had NOT finished her previous sentence, and was only out on supervised release.

Reactions: oneshot86
    Fuck that. If you commit armed robbery and some combination of inept DA, sleazy defender, and bleeding heart judge set your "debt to society" at 2 years (the min in TX for armed robbery); no guns for you- ever. Most people cannot be trusted to not be dipshits for their entire lives. We give them the benefit of the doubt, absent evidence to the contrary. Felons have shown they are not worthy of that blind trust.

Within reason, right? I'm by no means being argumentative, I simply want to understand your standpoint. The guy that gets busted shooting a deer from his truck to feed his starving family, gets busted under a texas felony, out in a year or two, I get that. He should be allowed to possess firearms, and use them (hopefully legally) to do what he went in for, feeding his family once he is out. The child molester that gets out after a dime? Fuck that guy. He should have been put to death in my opinion, not given a chance to legally engage in one of the rights we hold onto with such passion.

I know that seemed ranty, but not my intention to direct that at you or your views.

thats exactly what AJ is saying......

if a person commits a crime, and is deemed safe to return to society....theyve served their time and have been punished, and should be treated as normal people again.....and be reinstated with all their rights.....IE. your deer hunter.

however, if a person is not safe to return to society (your child molester).....they shouldnt be let out of prison.....or should just be killed.

if you cant trust a person with a gun, or even to vote......why are we releasing them back into society?

our current system lets violent and dangerous people out when we shouldnt (and we wonder why we have crime).......but the problem is, were treating ALL people released from prison the same.......a person with a felony for bank fraud is treated the same as a person with a felony for murder-1......

I appreciate the clarification, I agree that there are flaws with the system, and now that I've thought about it, it makes sense that if there were changes made to labels and how certain criminals are grouped, that the ones who do xyz non violent crimes have their rights reinstated, and those who do abc violtent or heinous crimes don't come out.

So far, no answers to the OP's question in the title.

Hmm. Was it David Duke as a write-in?

Reactions: Barneybdb

No one answered because that, as my college chemistry professor used to say, is an "obviosity."

Last edited:
    I'm going to go out on a limb.
    1. Grafted large coin from the government program.
    2. Convicted of voting illegally.
    The above would seem to lead us in the direction of preference.

R

When it comes to dirty old fucks having their way with adolescents, death penalty should be mandatory IMO.

I don't feel so good about that being applied to the 19 year old chick banging her friends 16 year old brother, though.

Thanks for clarifying my meaning. You nailed it.

thats exactly what AJ is saying......

if a person commits a crime, and is deemed safe to return to society....theyve served their time and have been punished, and should be treated as normal people again.....and be reinstated with all their rights.....IE. your deer hunter.

however, if a person is not safe to return to society (your child molester).....they shouldnt be let out of prison.....or should just be killed.

if you cant trust a person with a gun, or even to vote......why are we releasing them back into society?

our current system lets violent and dangerous people out when we shouldnt (and we wonder why we have crime).......but the problem is, were treating ALL people released from prison the same.......a person with a felony for bank fraud is treated the same as a person with a felony for murder-1......