• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

who does the spell checking?

jr81452

Professional Skeptic
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2007
Saint petersburg, Florida
who does the spell checking around here? maybe it's my OCD or maybe it's that every little thing irritates me since i quit smoking yesterday. but why is it that every section of this board which starts with Sniper's Hide, is phrased "Sniper's Hide", except Gunsmithing (which is "Sniper Hide") and the WTB/WTT/GB PX boards (phrased "Snipers Hide"). moreover, why do any of the sub forums start with sniper's hide? why isn't it just reloading or gunsmithing? isn't it enough that they are on this board, does the situation really call for that extra possessive?

just a thought
whistle.gif

Re: who does the spell checking?

Nicorette my friend, I've been where you are. Got a piece in now matter of fact.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who does the spell checking around here? maybe it's my OCD or maybe it's that every little thing irritates me since i quite smoking yesterday. but why is it that every section of this board which starts with Sniper's Hide, is phrased "Sniper's Hide", except Gunsmithing (which is "Sniper Hide") and the WTB/WTT/GB PX boards (phrased "Snipers Hide"). moreover, why do any of the sub forums start with sniper's hide? why isn't it just reloading or gunsmithing? isn't it enough that they are on this board, does the situation really call for that extra possessive?

just a thought
whistle.gif
</div></div>

You "quite" smoking that's why.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saito</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who does the spell checking around here? maybe it's my OCD or maybe it's that every little thing irritates me since i quite smoking yesterday. but why is it that every section of this board which starts with Sniper's Hide, is phrased "Sniper's Hide", except Gunsmithing (which is "Sniper Hide") and the WTB/WTT/GB PX boards (phrased "Snipers Hide"). moreover, why do any of the sub forums start with sniper's hide? why isn't it just reloading or gunsmithing? isn't it enough that they are on this board, does the situation really call for that extra possessive?

just a thought
whistle.gif
</div></div>

You "quite" smoking that's why.......

</div></div>

heh heh heh heh.........

all of the grammatical and spelling errors in my post and that's the best you could come up with? i tried the Nicorette last week phylo. made my gums bleed after 3 days. my wife called the doc and he said to stop using it. i said "no sh*t". after dropping $50 to chew 15 pieces of gum, i thought i'd try cold turkey again rather than getting another "aid". pm me your addy and i'll send you some "fruit chill" flavored crap to chew.

BTW my smoke cessation does not entirely invalidate my questions. nor was i volunteering to be the sniper's hide spell checker.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol, in the words of CKA, ermmm something about you needing a ladder? </div></div>

Now thats funny,

James

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the immortal words of Ron Jeremy:

"Blow me" </div></div>
New sig... Thanks LL

Psssst dont metion to Frank the ladder or the next words will not be blow me, it will be ban you.....lol

Mac

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the immortal words of Ron Jeremy:

"Blow me" </div></div>

BUAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT FUNNY AS HELL!!!!!!!11

Try to search a software with the keyword "Spelling Checker" or "Grammar Checker" software, and you will see such results that could possibly be the answer to your need.

Good luck giving up the Gurns JR. You can do it Cold Turkey. I did it 17 years ago and I was up to 2+ packs a day!

A recurring dream of a well lit, rectangular space, framed with a blue sky background and a little girl standing at the edge, looking down at me, crying...

Third time I had the dream (hard to tell with dreams really, but it seemed like three times), I quit. No gum, no candy, just will power.

You know me as no great master of self dicipline, thus; If I can do it, etc...

Think in terms of how much money you'll save you cheap bastid!
laugh.gif

You'll be fine.

LL owns the site. He makes millions of dollars and provides us with what? Poor grammar and piss poor spelling. That ass hole!

I suggest you make a sniper web site free of grammatical errors. With in days I am sure everyone will stop coming here and flock to your site. LL will be finished and the world will be free of all these grammatical errors.

Edit to add.... If you take LL up on the "blow me" offer it may help you out on the oral fixation. I am sure he was just trying to help when he made the offer.

Just as an FYI, not that need to explain my madness to you fuckers I did it on purpose...

If you think about it, search engine wise, it covers all the bases

Sniper
Snipers
Sniper's

Dicks...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Dicks... </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
1. be considerate toward your fellow users. Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. </div></div>

whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowboy_bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LL owns the site. He makes millions of dollars and provides us with what? Poor grammar and piss poor spelling. That ass hole!

I suggest you make a sniper web site free of grammatical errors. With in days I am sure everyone will stop coming here and flock to your site. LL will be finished and the world will be free of all these grammatical errors.

Edit to add.... If you take LL up on the "blow me" offer it may help you out on the oral fixation. I am sure he was just trying to help when he made the offer.
</div></div>

Thats FUNNY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Dicks... </div></div>

1. be considerate toward your fellow users. Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. </div></div>

whistle.gif

</div></div>

Thats FUNNY TOO.

WHY...WHY.. can't we all just get along!

Actually, I've always felt the best rendition was based on <span style="font-style: italic">Snipers'</span>, or a possessive in the plural, not singular; but...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He makes millions of dollars...</div></div>

Gee...; I didn't now that...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowboy_bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LL owns the site. He makes millions of dollars and provides us with what? Poor grammar and piss poor spelling. That ass hole!

</div></div>

Ass_Kisser_Gum_Front.jpg

grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just as an FYI, not that need to explain my madness to you fuckers I did it on purpose...

If you think about it, search engine wise, it covers all the bases

Sniper
Snipers
Sniper's

Dicks... </div></div>

nah, no explanation was needed. i was just picking nits. i'm surprised the thread has lasted this long. don't you usually just black bag posts that pick on your skilz?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Dicks... </div></div>

whistle.gif

</div></div>

Time to ban Lowlight for violating the terms of use. Three days should be enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the immortal words of Ron Jeremy:

"Blow me"</div></div>

DSC03645.jpg
</div></div>

HAHA YES!!! RON JEREMY!! What is his username??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Lowlight said:
In the immortal words of Ron Jeremy:

"Blow me"

DSC03645.jpg
</div></div>

Okay I never saw this, but I have definitely hit the big time now... LOL,

No offense to Ron, but maybe if gets a Vivid Girl, Tera Patrick, or someone equally as buxom, and naked I would make it my screen saver, but just him... LOL

This has got to be a gag right? Big Stick, the guy that started the epic pissing contest with NOBODY, is Ron Jeremy? Sorry, but I'd need some more proof than that pic to buy that one.

pissing contest?
I thought this pic would be funny considering LL's tagline.
obviously you didnt.....

I thought the pic was great. I was questioning the assertion that ron jeremy is hide member Big Stick. If he is, it would be the funniest revelation I've ever heard on this site. Therefor I wanted confirmation as to the authenticity of the statement.

Something about "testing out new loads" just takes on a completely different connotation when Ron Jeremy is involved.

So, speaking solely of ballistics involving conical copper projectiles- is he a good shot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no i was making a joke. but he has gone to the range with me. </div></div>

You shot loads with Ron Jeremy.......I'm just guessing his ballistics were better than yours ???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no i was making a joke. but he has gone to the range with me. </div></div>
frown.gif

To bad, that would have been epic. You should tell him to join up. Surprisingly, Hedgehog is still available as a user name
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol, in the words of CKA, ermmm something about you needing a ladder? </div></div>

You just go inverted prone, Frank will figure out the rest...he has mad skills Yo.