• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Who does turret & reticule changes on Leupold Mk4?

Chad Schmidt

Private
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2011
Wisconsin
I have a Mk4 that was converted before the fall out between Premier and Leupold. I need some work done to another for the reticule a finer cross hair with a tiny dot (.250") and the turrets as well changed from .5" Min. to smaller for a specific application. Leupold's custom shop does not offer the work I need done and since I have one already converted in these ways I know it is possible. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Chad Schmidt

Re: Who does turret & reticule changes on Leupold Mk4?

my thoughts would be to pressure leupold into doing the work....they do other custom reticles, and premier had to get the previous ones from somewhere......

Sell it and buy something else with everything you want already installed. Even if they do it, the cost may not be worth it. Nikon and Sightron are two companies that seem to offer close to what you are looking for. Don't know your application though to be certain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my thoughts would be to pressure leupold into doing the work....they do other custom reticles, and premier had to get the previous ones from somewhere...... </div></div>

yep, send it back home, that's your best bet

I have spoken to them a couple times and had no luck getting them to even entertain the changes I'd like. Suggestions on how or to whom to apply the pressure is I guess, what I'll be needin' now. Thanks for the help so far.
Chad

Talked to them not too long ago. They wont do it unless you wait till first of next year. With the wait they will not give you a price on the work. Sell it and get what you want. Resale on that scope is pretty good. I was interested in the Horus and they are concentrating most their resources to the demand of sales and the new Horus recticle. Horus is allot more labor intensive to install even in a new scope.