• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who gets the Heisman Trophy?

HighGroundMan

Templar Snipers
Minuteman
Everybody is saying Johnny Manziel at Texas A&M is a sure bet for the award. I always thought it should go to a senior but officially goes to the best player regardless of class year. Johnny Football is truly awesome and has unbelievable stats.

Re: Who gets the Heisman Trophy?

After his show against Alabama he looks like the one.

Colin Kelin (KSU) was the front runner in my eyes until the Baylor game. I'd like to think Manti Te'o (ND) has a fighting chance against Manziel, considering the Irish's turn around if they can beat USC. Manziel is a shoe in for Davey O'Brien Award, regardless of wins and losses.

Donate it to charity.... No one deserves it this year. Manziel is mediocre at best. He is a smaller, weaker, and less talented version of Tebow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Donate it to charity.... No one deserves it this year. Manziel is mediocre at best. He is a smaller, weaker, and less talented version of Tebow.</div></div>

I hear Reggie Bush is willing to take it..

I consider him more deserving....

The one thing I can't take away from Manziel... That boy is FAST!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Manziel is mediocre at best. He is a smaller, weaker, and less talented version of Tebow. </div></div>

Didn't he just break all records in the vaunted sec for qb's in his fish year? Mediocre?...I think not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HighGroundMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everybody is saying Johnny Manziel at Texas A&M is a sure bet for the award. I always thought it should go to a senior but officially goes to the best player regardless of class year. Johnny Football is truly awesome and has unbelievable stats. </div></div>

JF wins easily

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think he'll get it. </div></div>

Me neither. Hearing lots of voters won't vote for him b/c he's a freshman.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think he'll get it. </div></div>

Me neither. Hearing lots of voters won't vote for him b/c he's a freshman. </div></div>

That's exactly why. Pull those numbers over a four year college career and then he's the Heisman winner.

If ESPN has anything to do with it Te'o has it in the bag! Alabama fan, but Jarvis Jones would get my vote ahead of him.

I can't believe that Jadeveon Clowney isn't even being mentioned. I think he is better than Jones. I'm not saying that he is deserving of winning it this year but he should be in the conversation for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Surffshr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Didn't he just break all records in the vaunted sec for qb's in his fish year? Mediocre?...I think not.</div></div>

Freshman year stats aren't really what I would consider an appropriate standard to base a Heisman vote on. It also doesn't hurt that there isn't a single great defensive team in the SEC this year. Not when compared to the years past anyway.... There is no doubt that he is an exceptional athlete! He is one of the best scrambling qb's to ever step foot on the field. However, when you judge him as a traditional quarterback, he falls short. He is successful solely because of his unorthodox playing style. He doesn't throw very well (when a pass leaves his hand, it resembles a bowling pin being thrown end over end) and would never be a great running back. His willingness to take a hit is what separates him from the pack and is the reason that he will not be of much use in the NFL.... He does what he does very well, he just isn't Heisman material in my opinion.

Who gives a fuck about usefulness in the NFL? This is college football and the freakin' SEC by gawd! Not a single great defensive team in SEC...maybe in the East but last I checked Alabama is top in the Nation in total defense and Florida and LSU are up there in several catagories.

You ought to like the Tebow references here:

http://heisman.aggieathletics.com/

If manziel don't win because he is a freshman then they should just come out and make it a rule that freshmen cant win.

Teo isnt even the best linebacker in the country, if he wins it then the award is a joke.

Johnny Manziel is the most outstanding college football player in the country, and thats what the heisman trophy is for. he deserves to win it.

^++1 After looking at the candidates more I am convinced Johnny Manziel deserves and will get the Heisman. The fact he is a freshman will only add to the hoopla when he wins. The records he has broken are amazing and undeniable. He is levels above the competition at this point a week out from the award. I think Texas A&M would beat the crap out of Notre Dame in the national championship if they could go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Surffshr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who gives a fuck about usefulness in the NFL? This is college football and the freakin' SEC by gawd! Not a single great defensive team in SEC...maybe in the East but last I checked Alabama is top in the Nation in total defense and Florida and LSU are up there in several catagories.

You ought to like the Tebow references here:

http://heisman.aggieathletics.com/

</div></div>

I don't give a single fuck about the NFL. I give a fuck about how well a player plays the position. A Heisman quarterback in my opinion is a leader that can effectively coach his offense on the field, has a more than decent arm, and can manage the clock and field to facilitate the needs of his team. Running around in the pocket and avoiding tackles, until he sees a hole to break to just isn't what I consider the epitome of a Heisman quarterback. That kind of bullshit will be short-lived in the SEC. As a UA alumnus that clutched a Crimson Tide football in my crib before I was a week old, I am well aware of Bama's standing. They are good, but not anything special. They are an organized team in a league of disarray. Being number one when compared to this year's NCAA Football teams isn't a whole lot to brag about..... As for Tebow..... My opinion of him as a Heisman quarterback is on par with my opinion of Manziel. Both of them are/were good at scoring touchdowns. There is no question about that. However, they are both subpar quarterbacks. If you want to give the Heisman to a guy that just gets a shit load of yards and puts points on the board, then Manziel is the guy. If you want to award it to a guy who plays his position exceptionally well, you'll have to look elsewhere. I kind of hope the kid gets it though. I don't see his football career lasting very long in this conference with his play style. Hopefully I'm wrong.... Just my $.02

The goal of a quarterback and an offense for that matter is scoring touchdowns, if a quarterback is good at scoring touchdowns then he is a good quarterback.

Now the style in which he does it may not translate well to the NFL, but it has worked pretty well in the SEC this year at least. We'll see how well it works in the future.

Klein. Body of work of several seasons. The guy's a beast, and definitely the MVP of his team. Look at RGIII game at Oklahoma State last year. He SUCKED but still gets it.

Even if Klein has a good game against Texas, I think the stats for this season definitely point to Johnny Football. Who knows if Texas will show up to play today. Mack Brown has had a really mediocre season and the fans are in an uproar for his head. A&M fans will actually have to root for Texas today to help out their Heisman candidate. How ironic?

^^^^^Mack is an icon in Austin. Things will have to get a lot worse before he gets sacked...but I bet his sphincter is tightening up.

I can't believe Tavon Austin is not in the running. Best college football player imo. He can do it all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^^^^^Mack is an icon in Austin. Things will have to get a lot worse before he gets sacked...but I bet his sphincter is tightening up.</div></div>

Not only that, but what are they going to do? Hand the team over to the coach in waiting, Muschamp? Oh, wait..too late. Texas doesn't strike me as a program that's willing to have the coaching imbalance a lot of other teams are dealing with.