• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who got a AR-15 w/Vltor MUR1 upper/Lets see pics!

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
Lets see your pics of your AR-15 with a Vltor MUR1 upper reciever. I am building one and would like to see what everyone got. Plus I think its a good pic post.

Re: Who got a AR-15 w/Vltor MUR1 upper/Lets see pics!

I actually just finished building a new AR based on the KAC Mk.12 but replaced the NSW version with better parts. The upper is a Vltor MUR1 but everything else on the stick is top of the line but separate companies. Pics are coming soon but I'm out of state right now. The build list...

-Vltor MUR1 upper with RRA 20" Match Grade 1/8 barrel.
-JP Industries adj. gas system with GG&G folding front sight.
-Surefire MB556 brake and Surefire FA556AR suppressor
-ARMS full length military model SIR system.
-ARMS 40L-P Back-Up rear sight.
-Harris 9-13" Bipod with ARMS throw lever
-ARMS medium height throw lever rings with TRC and mount for front ring.
-Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 3.5-10x40 M3 Ill Mil Dot glass
-RRA lower with Magpul PRS-15 stock. Magpul monopod for stock.
-RRA two-stage match trigger.
-Tactical Intervention Quick-Cuff model 2 sling.
-Ti Firing Pin

I took the gun out this past weekend to measure suppression level, set the gas setting, lap in the barrel, and zero the weapon for 100 yds.

The gun has basically no kick. The forward pressure in the suppressor virtually eliminates recoil. We shot a Marlin M60 .22LR next to the weapon and without a doubt the suppressed AR is a lot quieter than the unsuppressed .22. With the monopod instead of a sandsock it's holding around 2/3MOA at 100yds but we had to run the gas regulator open for policy reasons (company personal reliability crap and insurance piss me off because we could get better groups).

Pics are coming soon so if I don't have them on soon send me an email. The build with everything is close to $5,000. The glass was 11 and the suppressor 15 so a little under $4,000 for the basic rifle without optics. We tested out a few different rounds but stuck with the 60gr. Hornady TAP-FPD even though groups were better with other rounds. Hornady uses a good low flash powder in this round and when going through the suppressor, really works well.

Top picture is what it looks like today less the optics. Waiting for a WOTAC Gen IV. I moved the Nightforce to a 6.8 SPC upper. It has an 18" WOA 1x7 SS mid length barrel with a Wylde chamber. Young NM carrier. KAC long RAS. Troy BUIS set. Ops Inc brake and collar.

SGW-18WOA-NSX-KAC12.jpg

VLTORMURright1.jpg

VLTORMURleft2.jpg

I had just recieved mine from Rainier Arms and installed it the same day but I noticed it looked a little different than the other ones. Is this the "new" style they are making them in?

65Grendelpic5-1.jpg